    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2000
      Om Saravanabhavaya Namah!

      November 2nd is holy Skanda Shasti. This is the day Lord Skanda defeated
      the demon Taraka. In celebration of this blessed day we uploaded a
      Skanda Shasti message given in 1946 by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj. This article is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/discourse/nov2000.htm

      There are two more articles about Skanda Sashti at our websites. Sri
      Gurudev's article is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/religions/skanda.htm

      The second article titled "Lord Skanda--The Concentrated Divine Energy"
      by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj is at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/fest/fest_17.html

      A new discourse regarding Sannyasa (renunciation) has been uploaded to
      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's website. This discourse is at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_30.html

      A number of devotees outside of India have been having difficulties
      sending money to Rishikesh. I would appreciate any information on how
      devotees outside of India, Malaysia and USA have sent money to the
      Ashram. Please let me know of the following:
      1) Where you are from (city, state & country)
      2) How the money was sent (Bank draft, Cashier's check, Postal order,
      Traveller's check, etc.)
      3) The name of the institution and location where this was obtained.

      Thank you.

      THE SOUL'S THIRST: "Om Namo Narayanaya, Judge Saheb, come!" greeted the
      Master.

      Judge Gauri Prasadji walked in and with great devotion bowed to the
      Master. He handed a cheque to him.

      "What is this?" asked the Master, rather surprised to see the cheque for
      Rs. 2,000.

      "Swamiji, it is for the construction of a room in your Ashram. You see,
      it happened like this. The day before yesterday night, after you had
      come and performed your ecstatic Kirtan in my humble cottage in Swarg
      Ashram, my housekeeper and I had wonderful experiences and visions. I
      had the vision of light thrice--an indescribably bright light. And my
      grand-daughter, a young girl-graduate, who had been greatly interested
      in Sankirtan and who had passed away just a few days ago, appeared to my
      housekeeper in her dream and said distinctly, 'I want to live with my
      grandfather. Kindly construct a room for me near him. I am greatly
      delighted that you held Swamiji's Kirtan in your house today. I am very
      happy now. But I want you to construct a room for me.'

      "I know she was fond of Kirtan. In your Bhajan hall the Akhanda Kirtan
      is going on throughout the day and night. I want a room to be
      constructed near the Bhajan hall so that the girl's soul may find peace
      there."

      After Judge Saheb had left, the Master said, "See how the Cosmic Will
      works. That day it was even suggested that we should drop the idea of
      visiting Swarg Ashram as it was raining. I also would have agreed but
      felt we should go. So I told Narayana Swamiji that even if it rained we
      should carry out our determination. This girl's soul must have been
      thirsting for Kirtan. The thirst had to be quenched."

      "Lord Skanda's grace is easily obtained. Saint Arunagiri says in his
      soul-stirring Tiruppugazh songs that even if the word MURUGA is uttered
      but once with Bhava (feeling), the Lord's Grace descends on the devotee.
      Once the aspirant obtains the Lord's Grace, the Demons take to their
      heels; and he is at once admitted into the realms of Immortality and
      Eternal Bliss." - Swami Sivananda