    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2000

      Today (October 2nd) is the birthday of Mahatma Gandhiji. In celebration
      of this holy ocassion we uploaded two articles on Gandhiji. The first is
      a brief biography by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/gandhi.htm

      and the second is a discourse by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      titled "Gandhiji: His Mission and Message" at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/discourse/oct2000.htm

      "A Pictorial Philosophy of Yoga" is the title of the latest discourse
      uploaded to Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's website. Sri Swamiji Maharaj
      gives us a sharp injection in this discourse to awaken us into the
      circumstances in which we are placed in this world. This discourse is
      at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_29.html

      The Yoga Vidya Ashram in Germany has translated many of Gurudev's and
      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's writings to the German language. The
      following German translations of Gurudev's books are currently
      available:
      1) Sadhana http://www.sivananda.de/Buch_sadhana.html
      2) Strahlen der Konzentration
      http://www.sivananda.de/Buecher/Konzentration_Strahlen/Strahlen_der_Konzentration.htm
      3) Die Wissenschaft des Pranayama
      http://www.sivananda.de/BuchPranayama/Pranayama.htm
      4) Autobiographie Swami Sivanandas
      http://www.sivananda.de/Autobiographie_Swami_Sivanandas.htm
      5) Japa Yoga http://www.sivananda.de/JAPAYoga.htm
      6) Göttliche Wonne http://www.sivananda.de/Buch_Wonne.htm

      The following German translation of Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj's
      books are
      currently available:
      1) Yoga als universelle Wissenschaft
      http://www.sivananda.de/Buecher/Wissenschaft/science00.htm
      2) Brahma Sutras http://www.sivananda.de/Brahmasutras/BrahmaSutra.htm

      More than 120 translations of articles by Gurudev and about 30
      translations of articles by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji can be found at:
      http://www.sivananda.de/Artikel.html

      A summary of all the German translations of Master Sivananda's books and
      articles can be found at: http://www.sivananda.de/Swami_Sivananda.html

      MAINTAIN SPIRITUAL DIARY: Sarala Deviji was a very earnest aspirant and
      a pure-hearted Bhakta.

      "Swamiji, kindly tell me some method of controlling this mind. It seems
      that we will never be able to control it." Her husband just looked on.

      "Do Japa. Be regular in your Sadhana. Do Kirtan also. Through practice
      alone will you be able to control the mind. You should maintain a
      spiritual diary. Now you are not doing this."

      "I do maintain the diary, Swamiji."

      The Master's face brightened.

      "But I am ashamed of sending it to you as my Sadhana is very irregular."

      "Whatever little you practise and however irregularly, you should send
      me the diary. Then only will there be the inducement to be regular in
      daily Sadhana and to evolve rapidly."

      "Bharatavarsha, as India is known, has always been a land of eternal
      ideals and sublime idealism, and of supermen who converted these ideals
      into actuality in their everyday life. Gandhiji was such an ideal
      superman. His name has become synonymous with unbending moral rectitude,
      heroic allegiance to truth, and perfect righteousness both in private
      and public life." - Swami Sivananda