    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2000

      The Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna's Immortal Song, has been uploaded to
      our website. This book by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj consists
      of the Sanskrit transliteration and English translation of the Gita
      along with a short summary preceding each chapter. This book can be
      downloaded from:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm#bgita

      We have uploaded the biographies two of Sri Gurudev's foremost lady
      disciples who recently returned to his feet. Swami
      Sivananda-Hridayananda Mataji's biography is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/hridaya.htm

      and Dr. Devaki Kutty Mataji's biography is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/kutty.htm

      Interior pilgrimage has been uploaded to Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's
      site. This book contains a variety of 65 subjects in Swami
      Krishnanandaji's own handwriting, representing the quintessence of
      Swamiji's thought. This book is at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/pilgrim_00.html

      THE MASTER'S LOVE OF SERVICE: Sri Rai Bahadur Sharmaji, the secretary of
      the Kalikamliwala alms-house, arrived. The Master greeted him with a
      hearty laugh and respectful pranam.

      The visitor was entertained with fruit and milk.

      "Swamiji, I have a request to make."

      "I am always at your service."

      "Will you kindly accept the honorary advisorship of the alms-house? We
      all feel that the alms-house and the Rishikesh Sadhus will be greatly
      benefited by your advice. You are the only Sannyasin who can advise us."

      The Master sank into silence.

      The Rai Bahadur pleaded insistently.

      "Yes, Maharaj, I shall certainly serve you all as an adviser."

      After the Rai Bahadur had left, the Master said, "At first I did not
      want to accept the job. But then I thought that this might be an
      opportunity offered to me by the Lord to serve Sadhus. I will not
      forsake any opportunity of doing service. So I accepted. And he, too,
      was greatly pleased."

      "The Gita is a boundless ocean of nectar. It is the immortal celestial
      fruit of the Upanishadic tree. In this unique book you will find an
      unbiased exposition of the philosophy of action, devotion and knowledge,
      together with a wonderfully woven synthesis of these three. The Gita is
      a rare and splendid flower that wafts its sweet aroma throughout the
      world." - Swami Sivananda