    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000

      We have uploaded a Guru Purnima message by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj titled "The Wheel of Divine Life". This article is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/discourse/aug2000.htm

      A discourse by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji titled "Twenty-One Important
      Hints on Sadhana (Spiritual practice)" has been uploaded to Swamiji's
      site at:
      http://swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_26.html

      A series of eleven talks on the life and teachings of Gurudev were given
      by Sri Swami Venkatesanandaji in Rishikesh in May 1977. Talks 1 & 2 have
      been uploaded at:
      http://www.dlsmd.org/teachings/venkatesananda/a%20seasons%20harvest%20volume%20one.htm

      Sri Swami Ramaswarupanandaji is currently travelling in Australia. Here
      is Swamiji's itinerary for Australia and New Zealand. The date format
      is: day-month-year.

      Adelaide
      13-8-00 to 30-8-00
      Contact: Sri Motilal
      Ph: (08) 8332-8358
      E-mail: global@...

      Melbourne
      31-8-00 to 6-9-00
      Contact: Sri Sankar Iyer
      Ph: (03) 9886-4125
      E-mail: iyarn@...

      Canberra
      7-9-00 to 9-9-00
      Contact: Sri Radha Sharma
      Ph: (02) 6258 6925
      E-mail: divinelf@...

      Brisbane
      11-9-00 to 22-9-00
      Contact: Swami Anasaktananda
      Ph: 07 3366 3929
      E-mail: sivayoga@...

      Auckland (New Zealand)
      23-9-00 to 8-10-00
      Contact: S B Moodly
      Ph: 298 - 2041
      E-mail: moodly@...

      Perth
      In November 2000 (Date will be announced later)

      Hong Kong
      In January 2001 (Date will be announced later)

      Swamiji is going to stay in Sydney till January 2000. For more inquiry
      please contact:

      Sri Narayana Swamy: (02) 9838 0085 E-mail: swamy@...
      Sri Vijay Gokarn: (02) 9264 7946 E-mail: vijaygokarn@...
      Sri Gunvant Vaghela (02) 9688 3312 Email:
      gunvant.vaghela@...

      POWER OF GAYATRI: Sri Harichandani had been at the Ashram for three or
      four days. He would come to the office daily, bow to the Master and take
      his seat. This morning he waited patiently and found the Master alone
      and free in the office. He prostrated.

      "Swamiji, I have a small doubt. I have heard of a very powerful Mantra
      of Devi Shodashakshari. It is reputed to fulfil one's desires quickly.
      May I have initiation of this Mantra from your Holiness?"

      "Please do not run after these Mantras. It is much safer to go on with
      the Gayatri. It is the best of all Mantras. It will give you liberation.
      Please go on repeating it."

      "Yes, Swamiji, I have been repeating the Gayatri 1,008 times daily for
      the last three months. But I want success in life. Will I get it from
      the Gayatri?"

      "Do not expect to have this or that good fortune from Japa. Do it
      without desire for the fruits. Then you will get everything. Are you
      expecting to get a money order every day?"

      Sri Harichandani was surprised to receive this answer.

      "How long have you to study to obtain a matriculation certificate?"

      "Ten years, Swamiji."

      "Then how much longer should you not practise Japa for getting the
      Lord's infinite Grace. Go on repeating the Gayatri all your life. Do not
      expect anything out of it, then you will get everything."

      "It is impossible to concentrate on God unless one has a firm conviction
      and faith that whatever one expects from this world can also be had from
      God; nay much more than all these things, which the world has as its
      treasures and values." - Swami Krishnananda