    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2000

      Daily Invocations have been uploaded to Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's site.
      This book consists of the following Vedic Hymns in English with
      introductions by Sri Swamiji:
      1) Satarudriya
      2) Purusha-Sukta
      3) Narayana-Sukta
      4) Sri-Sukta

      This book is at:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/invoc_0.html

      Sri Swami Ramaswarupanandaji is currently travelling in Australia.
      Please contact Sri Gunvant Vaghelaji of the DLS in Australia for further
      details about Swamiji's visit. Sri Gunvantji's e-mail address is:
      Gunvant.Vaghela@...

      ps. I am going to be away in Hawaii from July 21 to July 28. I may not
      be able to get e-mail access during this period.

      VAIN DISCUSSION: A pundit of good learning and old age arrives.

      "What is divine life, Swamiji?" he asks in Hindi.

      "To observe Ahimsa, Satyam and Brahmacharya; to do Japa, meditation and
      Kirtan; to study the Upanishads and Gita; to serve all, to love all-this
      is divine life."

      "How to control the wandering mind?"

      "By dispassion and practice."

      "How to develop dispassion?" Silence.

      "I think you are not very well acquainted with Hindi, Swamiji. Shall I
      talk in English?"

      Silence.

      After the pundit had left abruptly, the Master said, "Vain discussion!
      They will never do anything in their life. They will ask some stock
      questions of everyone they meet. In this way they will go on asking. If
      we also go on replying, a discussion will arise-then, heated debate and
      hot words, 'You are a fool, you know nothing!' It is a waste of time
      talking to them. Do they not know the simple practices of Japa, Kirtan,
      study of scriptures, God's Grace, etc? They will never practise nor will
      they approach anyone with feeling and respect."

      "A sacrifice is the way by which one becomes another, the subject sees
      himself in the object and looks upon the object as one would look upon
      one’s own self." - Swami Krishnananda