    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2000

      We have uploaded some sample recordings in MP3 format from Upanishad
      Amrut. Upanishad Amrut is a double compact disc and cassette (available
      in English and Hindi) compilation of Shlokas from the Upanishads.
      Recitation of the Shlokas from the Upanishads are by Shankar Mahadevan
      and Dewaki Pandit and the celestial music were composed by santoor
      maestro Pandit Shivkumar Sharma. Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      gives a commentary on the verses after each recitation. We have uploaded
      the recitations of the following shlokas:

      1) Asato ma sada gamaya
      Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
      Mrityor ma amrutam gamaya

      From the non-being to true being
      From darkness to Light
      From death to Immortality

      Brihadaranyaka Upanishad - 1.3.28

      2) Isavasyam idam sarvam yat kimcha jagatyam jagat
      tena tyaktena bhunjetha ma gridhah kasya swid dhanam

      All this whatsoever in this Universe, is in-dwelt by the Lord
      Therefore, through renunciation do thou enjoy, and do not covet
      anybody's wealth.

      Isavasya Upanishad 1

      We have also uploaded a commentary by Guru Maharaj on the second Shloka
      (i.e. Isayasyam idam sarvam ...).

      The MP3 audio files can be played by the latest Real Player. The size of
      the MP3 files are large but the quality is excellent. It will be well
      worth the download time.

      The recordings can be downloaded from:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/upanishadamrut.htm

      THE MASTER CONSOLES: A heart-broken man walked into the office.
      Disgusted with the world on account of a series of failures, he wanted
      solace.

      The pen dropped from the Master's hand. The pair of spectacles
      disappeared into the case. He led the young man out of the office and
      seated him on a bench outside. "Now repeat the Name with me."

      He did Kirtan with the visitor. Om chanting followed. The effect on the
      man was miraculous. He regained his composure.

      The Master asked him to do Japa on the Ganges bank.

      "The Vedic knowledge is a blend of the highest kind of education of the
      inner man, through which one is enabled to possess in practical life and
      experience not only the glories and joys of the world in their fullest
      measure, but also to transform oneself into an embodiment of the highest
      form of righteousness and justice, and a moving representation, as it
      were, of God, the Almighty." - Swami Krishnananda