    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2000

      Dr. Clancy McKenzie of the American Mental Health Association mentions
      at his website:

      "Anxiety is said to be contagious, and persons close by feel restless
      and fidgety. Depression is contagious too and casts gloom over others in
      close proximity.

      Absolute peace and bliss also have a powerful effect on those nearby,
      but where do you meet persons in such a state?

      Twenty-five years ago, after meeting such a person in the Himalayan
      Mountains of Northern India, Dr. McKenzie asked a number of his most
      disturbed patients to close their eyes and listen to a recording of this
      man. Many were unable to remain stressed or depressed."

      The person Dr. McKenzie is refering to is none other than our beloved
      Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj. The recording of Swami Chidanandaji's talk
      and chants is now available in Real Audio at Dr. McKenzie's site at:
      http://www.drmckenzie.com/swami2.html

      We have uploaded a little booklet titled "Inspiring Thoughts". This
      booklet consists of sublime and elevating noble good thoughts of poets,
      mystics and saints to guide and inspire one and all. This booklet is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm#itothers

      INSTRUCTIONS AND AUTOGRAPH: "You wish to have my autograph? Come, why
      hesitate?"

      The Master relieved Sri Kamala Tuli's embarrassed silence.

      Astonished, she merely smiled and nodded, "Yes." "At first I thought
      that the thing in your hand was a money-bag, but when I noticed your
      embarrassment, I realised it must be an autograph book. Give it to me."

      When the book was handed to the Master he looked at it with the
      admiration of a child. But there were no autographs in it!

      "Swamiji, I wanted the book to be opened by you first."

      Quietly the Master wrote:

      Srimathi Kamala Tuli,

      Serve, love, give. Do Kirtan, do Japa. Control anger through patience
      and forgiveness. See God everywhere. Meditate. Realise God.

      May you shine like Mira, Radha and Sita! May Lord bless you with health,
      long life, peace and freedom!
      -Sivananda.

      A full page of spiritual instructions in answer to a devotee's prayer
      for a simple autograph.

      "Little drops of water
      Make the mighty ocean.
      Little grains of sand
      Make this beautiful land.

      Little moments
      Make the mighty ages.
      Little pies and farthings
      Make millions and crores.

      Little mistakes
      Little unkind acts
      Will make you a devil.

      Little words of love,
      Little acts of kindness,
      Little good thoughts
      Will make you a saint." - Swami Sivananda