    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2000

      Two of Sri Gurudev Sivanandaji's senior disciples have been recently
      called back to His eternal abode. Sri Swami Vidyanandaji Maharaj was
      called back on the 7th of April and Sri Swami Nirmalanandaji Maharaj was
      called back on the 4th of February. We have posted Sri Swami
      Vidyanandaji in memoriam at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/memoriamvidya.htm

      and Sri Swami Nirmalanandaji in memoriam at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/memoriamnirmala.htm

      REAL KARMA YOGA: "In youth itself man should try to lead a simple life,
      repeat God's Name, practise Yoga, do enquiry, study the Gita and other
      scriptures, and control the senses. Singing Kirtan and Japa of the
      Divine Name will bestow perennial joy and supreme inner peace. But you
      can realise this only if you practise.

      "Yet the youth will not listen! Only when man gets knocks and blows in
      the daily battle of life will he turn to God. Why not thank God for His
      mercies and adore Him in every form. Do selfless service also."

      "Yes, Swamiji, we are in a way doing this. We earn money, work and
      support the family. So we are all Karma Yogins."

      "This is a serious mistake," said the Master. "What do people know about
      the secret and technique of Karma Yoga? They are attached to their
      families; they waste their lives in earning for the sake of the belly
      and imagine that they are doing Karma Yoga. What do they know of Karma
      Yoga? Karma Yoga is different. You should give up egoism. You should
      renounce the feeling that you are the doer and the enjoyer. You should
      identify yourself with the Atman.

      "Even a little of this selfless service, even if imperfectly done, is
      good. It will purify your heart. Combine service with Japa, Kirtan and
      meditation. You will realise bliss.

      "The next time come here and stay for at least a week. You will have
      ample time to engage yourself in intense Sadhana."

      The above conversation took place between the Master and an American
      businessman.

      "Through the process of evolution, the world has become a global
      village. Sun, moon, stars and the galaxies operate in a cosmic
      co-operative spirit. The air that we breathe, moving everywhere freely,
      has no nationality, no ethnic distinction. We live by the free gift of
      Nature. Any assertion of isolated individuality is not in consonance
      with the way the Universe is operating. Events have cosmic connotations.
      Creation is one, even as God is One." - Swami Krishnananda