    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11 12:32 PM

      Namaste,
      Today is the most sacred day of Adi Sankaracharya's appearance
      day. Sankara appeared in the year 788 AD and reestablished Advaita Vedanta
      to its pristine purity during a time when chaos pervaded India in the
      matter of religion and philosophy.

      The Vedanta expounded by Gurudev is based on Sankara's teachings only.
      Sankara is our Vedanta Guru. I have uploaded a lecture by Gurudev, Sri
      Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj, summarizing the essential teachings of Sankara
      at http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/religions/sankarajay.htm

      On this sacred day, please also pray for the peace of the departed souls
      and the families of victims of the earthquake in Iran.

      Yours in service of Gurudev,

      RECIPE FOR GOOD HEALTH: A Muslim professor said, "Swamiji, you just now
      prayed for the health, peace and prosperity of the whole world. I believe
      in the efficacy of prayer, but I think people should also observe certain
      rules to ensure good health. I would like to hear from you what are the
      rules to be observed for attaining good health."

      The Master replied, "Take Sattvic (pure) food. Drink pure water and
      breathe fresh air. Have sound sleep. Practice some exercises. Pray to the
      Lord and be cheerful. Worry not. Sing. Music also will help you much.
      Fast occasionally."

      "He who looks within alone, has an unblurred vision outside." - Swami
      Sivananda