    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2000

      We have uploaded an article by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      Maharaj on his experience with Baba Neem Karoliji. Devotees and seekers
      may already know about Baba Neem Karoliji from Ram Dass' (Richard
      Alpert's) book "Be Here Now" in which the author describes his life
      transforming experience with the saint. The inspiring account of Baba
      Neem Karoliji by Guru Maharaj is at:

      A Spanish translation of Guru Maharaj's appeal for help in Orissa has
      been uploaded to our website courtesy of Vivekayuktananda Ashram. This
      is at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      SPIRITUAL CHURNING: "I am glad you take so much interest in agriculture
      and dairy-farming. They are very essential for maintaining the health of
      every man in India. But there is another, a supreme type of butter, a
      knowledge of which is essential for every man, especially in India. That
      butter is that of Atma! Do you know how to churn the sheaths and take
      the butter of Atma?" asked the Master, when Sri Ramdas, M.Sc., informed
      him of his forthcoming visit to the U.S.A. for prosecuting his studies
      in agriculture and dairy-farming.

      "Swamiji, I have not even heard of this churning and how to obtain this
      butter of Atma. Please let me know the process."

      "You have to go to the Forest Academy (this Academy is at Sivananda
      Ashram, Rishikesh) to obtain a knowledge of this butter. The five
      sheaths of the body represent the vessel that holds curd. Om is the
      churning rod. Practise meditation on Om with the feeling that you are
      the all-pervading Atma. You will soon get the butter of Atma, which will
      make you immortal and ever blissful. You will never feel in want

      The scientist said, "Thank you very much, Swamiji. You have really
      opened my eyes now. I shall practise this spiritual churning to eat the
      butter of Atma and become immortal."

      "If you get a Guru who will punish you for your wrongs, you are the
      luckiest man, because he takes upon himself the responsibility of
      improving and making you a dynamic personality by eradicating all your
      vices. Take it as a special grace of the Lord. If you get a kind and
      merciful guide then great responsibility lies with you for your
      improvement. He will only hint the right thing. He will show by actions.
      You will have to be very sincere and follow him minutely. Or else you
      will act according to your own whims; for you know your Guru will not
      punish you." - Swami Sivananda