    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2000
      Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:15:05 -0600
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (162)

      We have uploaded a book by worshipful Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj titled "Hindu Fasts & Festivals". All Hindu festivals have a
      deep spiritual import or high religious significance. All great Hindu
      festivals have religious, social and hygienic elements in them. In this
      book Gurudev explains the significance and the philosophy of many of our
      fasts and festivals. This book can be downloaded from:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm

      We have also uploaded the spiritual calendar for the rest of this year.
      The spiritual calendar is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/religions/calendar.htm

      REMEDY FOR WORLDLY TRIALS: The Master gave Darshan this morning. When he
      was about to start for the office, a devotee came and prostrated before
      him.

      "How are you, sir?" the Master kindly enquired of him.

      He commenced narrating his worldly difficulties and ended up by saying,
      "Swamiji, now I am like a fish out of water."

      "Then go into the water!" the Master suggested.

      "That is why I have come here, Swamiji. You are the ocean of mercy. Now
      I will become all right."

      "The best form of worship of the Guru is to follow his teachings, to
      shine as the very embodiment of his teachings, and to propagate his
      glory and his message." - Swami Sivananda