    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2000
      Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 07:43:51 -0600
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      Newsgroups: alt.meditation, alt.religion.hindu, alt.yoga
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (160)

      We have uploaded to our website an inspiring account of Sri Swami
      Vishnudevanandaji with Sri Gurudev. The title of the article is "My
      Years With The Master". This article is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/siva_vishnu.htm

      The latest Newsletter (Jan-Mar 2000) of the DLS of Maryland is now
      available on the web. In this issue, Swami Gurudevananda Mataji recalls
      the wonderful time the Christmas retreat participants had at Lonovala
      with Guru Maharaj and the message of Guru Maharaj to all of us. The
      newsletter is at:
      http://www.dlsmd.org/newsletters/newslett.htm

      VERY COMFORTABLE VEDANTA: The Master graciously turned to the devotees
      and jovially remarked, "See, today is the first day of the new year. If
      each one of you gives me something, yours will multiply like anything.
      Come on, who comes first?"

      Sri Pushpaji of Dehra Dun came forward and offered twenty rupees.

      "What about you?" the Master pointed to a devotee.

      "These are all Anithya Vastu (temporal), Swamiji. Why give all these
      things?" she replied.

      "Very comfortable Vedanta indeed! If you really feel that they are
      Anithya, why don't you throw them away?" the Master remarked.

      All had a hearty laugh!

      "Divine life is divine love. Cosmic love is divine life. Supreme
      compassion towards all beings is divine life. A desire to love all and
      serve all is divine life. All these divine qualities are based on the
      understanding that all life is divine; that behind all life, as the
      substratum of all life, there is one Divine Being. To express this
      realization in daily life is divine life." - Swami Sivananda