    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 6:10 AM
      Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:24:04 -0600
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      Newsgroups: alt.meditation, alt.religion.hindu, alt.yoga
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (158)

      We have uploaded brief biographies of three Vaishnava Acharyas
      (teachers) from the Bhakti school of Vedanta. The three Acharyas are:
      1) Sri Madhvacharya
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/madhva.htm
      2) Sri Vallabhacharya
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/vallabha.htm
      3) Sri Nimbarkacharya
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/nimbarka.htm

      The biographies of the other 3 Acharyas of the Vedanta school, Sri
      Sankaracharya, Sri Ramanujacharya and Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu,
      are already on our website at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/saints.htm

      A discourse by Swami Krishnanandaji titled The Principles of the
      Bhagavad Gita has been posted to Swamiji's site. This article can be
      accessed from:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/

      The Sivananda Ashram Prayer book has been posted to the DLS of
      Maryland's website at:
      http://www.dlsmd.org/prayers/ashramprayerbk/sivaashramprayers.htm

      REMEDY FOR DISEASE: A middle-aged person came to the Master.

      "Swamiji, I wish to return home."

      "What! Yesterday you told me you wanted to stay here, now you tell me
      you want to go back. What has happened to you?"

      "Swamiji, I often fall ill. I am a diseased man."

      "Ohji, think that you will die at any moment, then no disease will come
      to you. Further, if you possess a bank balance, you will get disease. If
      you are penniless no disease will come to you."

      "Who is a saint? He who lives in God or the Eternal, who is free from
      egoism, likes and dislikes, selfishness, vanity, mine-ness, lust, greed
      and anger, who is endowed with equal vision, balanced mind, mercy,
      tolerance, righteousness and cosmic love, and who has divine knowledge,
      is a saint." - Swami Sivananda