    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 4:10 AM
      Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:11:27 -0600
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (148)

      Yesterday an appeal was sent to all devotees for the reconstruction of
      Chidananda Hermitage Shanti Ashram (CHSA) at Puri. Swami
      Ramaswarupanandaji has mentioned that CHSA can be adopted by
      organizations. Those who are interested in adopting CHSA may contact
      Swami Ramaswarupanandaji at ramaswarup@... for further details.

      Hinduism Today has kindly given us permission to post the articles on
      Guru Maharaj and Swami Krishnanandaji at our website. I have scanned it
      and posted it as Jpeg image files at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/announce.htm

      Devotees in India can acquire a hardcopy of the December 1999
      issue of Hinduism Today through
      Central News Agency,
      23/90 Connaught Circus
      110001  New Delhi
      INDIA
      FAX:  91-11-752-6036
      Office:  91-11-336-4448
      E-mail:  info@...

      The Divine Life Society of Maryland has uploaded their latest newsletter
      (October-December 1999), Heart of Sivananda. This latest issue focuses
      on
      Lord Jesus and His teachings. The introductory letter by Swami
      Gurudevananda
      Mataji recounts a wonderful Christmas celebration with Guru Maharaj in
      1978
      in Weston, Connecticut, USA. This newsletter can be downloaded from
      http://www.dlsmd.com/newsletters/newslett.htm

      WHEN GOD'S GRACE COMES: A blind man who was sitting in a corner
      approached
      the Master and prostrated to him.

      "Swamiji, by your Grace I am able to sing and play the violin also.
      I have none in this world to look after me. You are my only solace now.
      I pray for thy blessings," the blind man politely requested the Master
      with folded hands.

      Immediately he was admitted as an inmate of the Ashram.

      Someone remarked that he knew by heart all the ten Upanishads and the
      whole of the Bhagavad Gita.

      "Is it not a blessing, Swamiji, that he has such talents even though
      he is blind?" asked Sri Rejomal, a devotee from Indonesia.

      "Yes, it is God's Grace. When you get quite helpless, God's Grace comes
      to your rescue," the Master replied.

      "Charity covers multitude of sins. Do regular charity. Merely giving a
      few rupees in charity occasionally when you are in distress, is not
      praiseworthy." - Swami Sivananda