    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:35:04 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <dlshq@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <dlshq@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (146)

      We uploaded an article by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj for this
      month's discourse. The title of the discourse is "Waste Not This Rare
      Human Birth". In this article Gurudev motivates us to finish our journey
      quickly by engaging in Sadhana. This article is at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/discourse/nov99.htm

      I have attached below a letter from Swami Prananvaswarupananda &
      Brahmachari Satyajeet, Sri Swami Chidanandaji's personal assistants.

      Blessed Devotees,

      With folded hands we are making a special request to everyone.

      All of you from around the globe who have come into contact with our
      Beloved Masters, Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and Pujya Swami Chidanandaji
      Maharaj, have had many real life experiences with them. Everyone has had
      their own personal experiences, many of which have revealed the ultimate
      truth, the ultimate goal of human life, or brought about a spectacular
      spiritual enlightenment, or brought vivid changes to your life in many
      different ways.

      We all know how precious each moment spent with Gurudev & Swamiji Maharaj
      is to all of us. Imagine how inspiring it would be if these divine
      experiences, drawn from our own lives, were put into words and compiled into
      a book form! It would become an everlasting spiritual companion to one and
      all of us--the Sivananda family, as well as to all spiritual seekers and
      aspirants.

      We would appreciate very much if all of you could put them into words and
      send them to us. We will start compiling them and bring them out in book
      form.

      There can be many ways of putting them down; for example--narrating how
      you came into contact with Gurudev or Swamiji Maharaj. What was the impact of
      your first encounter with them? How the turning point came in your life which
      remains unchanged till now. We have mentioned a few things only to give an
      idea. You all can relate them as you wish.

      Please send your experiences to the following address by mail:

      Swami Prananvaswarupananda/Brahmachari Satyajeet
      Sivananda Ashram, Sivananda Nagar, Muni-Ki-Reti
      PIN-249 192, Distt. Tehri-Garhwal, Uttar Pradesh, India

      This project belongs to all of us. We all need to try to do our level best to
      complete this noble task. Thanking you, with regards Prem and Om,

      Yours in service of our Loving Master,

      Swami Prananvaswarupananda
      Brahmachari Satyajeet
      Guru Niwas
      Sivananda Ashram
      email: dlshq@...
      Vani@...

      FALSE DISPASSION: The Master was proceeding to the office. An old man in
      whom the sense of sight and hearing was slowly diminishing and who lived
      in Rishikesh, came for Darshan.

      The Master greeted him and offered him a chair.

      "How are you? Are you getting on well?" the Master kindly enquired.

      "Quite well, Swamiji. Nowadays I have no inclination for anything,
      Swamiji. I never go out of my cottage. I partake of a little food, study
      the Ramayana and keep quiet. This is my daily routine. No craving, no
      attachment-nothing," the old man replied in a tone indicating as if he
      had achieved everything!

      The Master gave him some prasad and fruit, after which the old man took
      leave.

      "No sight, no hearing, so the body is not in a condition to move out of
      his cottage. Now he says he has no attachment and craving! Wonderful
      philosophy indeed!" the Master remarked with a naughty smile on his face!

      "God is everywhere. Feel this presence of GOD wherever you go. God is
      nearer to you than your very breath. Set apart some fixed hour for daily
      prayer and worship. Meditate regularly. Be calm and serene. Repeat the
      sacred name always. You will doubtlessly attain DIVINE GRACE." - Swami
      Chidananda