    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2000
      Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:55:09 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <dlshq@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <dlshq@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (145)

      We have uploaded a book by blessed and worshipful Gurudev Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj. The title of the book is "Vedanta for Beginners".
      Gurudev has presented in this book the under-pinning of Indian philosophy in
      a simple and lucid style. This is a great book for beginners as well as a
      handy reference for one and all. This book can be downloaded from our
      free books page at:

      We are pleased to inform all devotees that we now have our own web based
      e-mail service free for all devotees and seekers of the Lord. The web
      based e-mail service is similar to hotmail but you can have dlshq.org for
      your e-mail address. Please register for your free account at:

      Remember to select "Please do not contact me" during registration to
      ensure that you do not receive e-mails from third-party advertisers.

      We would also like to announce a banner design competition. The banner is
      to be posted at our webmail account and other appropriate places. The
      designers of the top three banners will receive a free book (published by
      the DLS). We would like the banner to be designed in two sizes:
      1) 468x60
      2) 450x105

      The banner should be in JPEG or GIF format.

      Branches of the Divine Life Society with websites are also kindly
      requested to send in the HTML code for your banners to be posted at our
      webmail account. The banners will then be rotated on a weekly basis. The
      banner size should be 468x60 and in GIF format.

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      NO TRUE FRIEND: The Master turned to Sri Atmaram, who had recently visited
      his home and returned after a short stay.

      "How did you enjoy your trip, Atmaramji?" the Master asked.

      "More than anything else, I have learnt a good lesson, Swamiji. Those
      friends who had received so many favours when I was in service, never even
      talked to me, just because I have nothing now to oblige them with. Even
      my son was angry with me and refused to talk."

      "Have you understood the world now?"

      "Yes, Swamiji."

      "Dispassion should have increased now," observed the Master.

      "Yes, Swamiji, definitely."

      "Are you ready for Sannyas then?" he enquired with a smile.

      "Not yet, Swamiji!" Atmaramji hesitated.

      "Never complain against bad environments. Create your own mental world
      wherever you remain, wherever you go. The mind deludes you, at every
      moment, at every step. Try to overcome the obstacles and difficulties by
      suitable means Do not try to run from bad, unfavourable environments. God
      has placed you there to make you grow quickly." - Swami Sivananda

      please send a message to pannir@...