    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2000
      Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:20:13 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <dlshq@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <dlshq@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (144)

      In celebration of the nine day worship of the Divine Mother which just
      concluded recently we uploaded a book by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji titled "God As Mother". This book contains a series of
      lectures delivered during Navaratri in 1953 at the Sivananda Ashram. In
      this book Guru Maharaj clearly explains the role of Durga, Lakshmi and
      Saraswati in our exterior as well as interior life. This book can be
      downloaded from our free books page at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm

      We have also uploaded the latest pricelist of the Sivananda Book
      Distribution Center. The Sivananda Book Distributor is the distributor in
      the USA of the beautiful books published by the DLS in South Africa. Many
      popular titles such as Yoga Lessons for Children, Science of Yoga, From
      Man to God Man (Swami Sivanandaji's biography) and Sivananda's Gospel of
      Divine Life (from which the anecdotes below are taken) are available from
      the Sivananda Book Distribution Center. The URL of their pricelist is:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/branches/booksiva.htm

      GOD WITH SPECTACLES!: Venu, the young son of Sri K.C. Gupta, a patron of
      the Divine Life Society, was spending his holidays in the company of the
      Master. He came and prostrated and straightaway asked, "Swamiji, have you
      seen God?"

      "Have you seen God?" the Master questioned back.

      "Swamiji, I have seen God!"

      "What!" exclaimed the Master, "where is He then?"

      "He is sitting in front of me," said the boy, pointing politely to the
      Master.

      "Can God wear spectacles?" the Master jokingly asked.

      "Why not?" came the bold reply.