    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2000
      Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:13:08 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <dlshq@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <dlshq@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (142)

      We uploaded an article by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj for
      this month's discourse. The title of the discourse is "The Offering That
      Will Delight The Guru". This article explains how to best please ones Guru.
      This article is at:

      The Divine Life Society & Leela Group of Hotels are extending an
      invitation to all participants of the DLS conference to the release of a
      grand pictorial "CHIDANANDA HOON" on the Golden Anniversary of Sanyas
      Diksha of Param Pujya Guru Maharaj H. H. SRI SWAMI CHIDANANDAJI MAHARAJ.
      The electronic invitation card is at:

      The Guestbook and Enrolment Form are now operational at The Global
      International Divine Life Society Conference site (i.e.

      The most recent issue of Hinduism Today (November 1999) has a nice
      interview with Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji. Hinduism Today is also going to
      be running an interview/article on Sri Swami Krishnanandaji and Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji for the December issue. There was a story about Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji's visit to Malaysia in the August 1999 issue. This article is
      available online at:
      (Note: Pictures are not shown in the online version)

      The photographs of Guru Maharaj in Uttarkashi that were posted last week
      at http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/saints/chida_mmedia/chida_image6.htm
      were by Sri Hans of Montreal, Canada and not by Sri Swami
      Ramaswarupanandaji. I apologize for the error.

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      THE MASTER'S WIT: The Master was in the office. A young man from Ceylon
      came and prostrated to him.

      The Master enquired about his welfare and gave him some books.

      "Swamiji, one of my friends came here last year. You gave him some
      medicine. He wants it again now," said the young man.

      "What medicine is it?" the Master enquired.

      "I don't know, Swamiji. You prepare it here. That is what my friend said."

      "It is something like searching for a shaven-headed man at Tirupati.
      Hundreds move about there with shaven heads. Nobody can identify a person
      if you say that he is a Swami in Rishikesh. Rishikesh is full of Swamis."

      All burst into laughter!

      Then the Master guessed that it was Chyavanaprash that was wanted and
      gave him a tin of it.

      The young man was pleased and took leave.

      "Moksha, known also as Kaivalya, or Absolute Independence, is not one of
      the stages of experience. It is all-experience melted into one mass of
      Being. All that was there earlier will also be found there. It is not that
      the earlier stages are forgotten and one has gone to some new thing
      altogether. We may wonder where are all these physical objects, these
      trees and mountains, these friends and relatives, this wealth and status,
      all these wonderful and beautiful things in the world. Where are they?
      Have they been left out somewhere, down below? No, not so is the truth.
      They have not been left behind. They have been transformed into the
      reality that they are, and they will be seen as they are, and not as they
      appeared earlier. This is the great solacing message to all Doubting
      Thomases who imagine that they, perhaps, lose something valuable as they
      reach God, or attain liberation." - Swami Krishnananda

      please send a message to pannir@...