    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2000
      Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:05:48 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (140)

      In celebration of the appearance day of Srimati Radharani (the consort of
      Lord Krishna) last Saturday, we uploaded Gurudev's book titled Radha's
      Prem. This book is in the form of a drama. The synopsis of this book is
      presented below:

      The drama that is now presented before you purports to bring out clearly
      the sublimity of the Path of Devotion to the Lord and also the essential
      unity underlying the three main-Paths. Truth is one; sages call it
      variously. By whichever route you ascend, you reach the same peak. This
      truth is brought out in the five scenes of this drama. Jnana Dev, a votary
      of the Yoga of Synthesis, is the principal character. To him is allotted
      the task of propounding the great ideas lying hidden under the surface of
      apparently commonplace-acts of the Divine Avatars. The Leelas of Krishna
      who incarnated on this earth to bring home to humanity the greatness of
      Bhakti Yoga and who through his actions, taught humanity for all time the
      technique of devotion, are taken up by Jnana Dev and analysed. In the
      first two scenes, Prem Das's doubts and difficulties regarding the Leelas
      are cleared. Murkharaj, a man steeped in worldliness, plays a leading role
      in the next two scenes. Jnana Dev, by his scholarly expositions and
      practical illustrations is able to convert him into a Bhakta. In the last
      scene Atmanandaji, another Bhakti-Yogi, joins hands with Jnana Dev and in
      the end Murkharaj becomes a completely changed man, as it were, and even
      undertakes to preach the Yoga of Synthesis to the world at large.

      This book can be downloaded from our free books page at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      MYSTERY OF THE MIND: "In spite of having all the comforts and facilities
      of life, I do not know why my wife says that she has no peace of mind and
      goes on worrying over nothing. Swamiji alone has to make her all right. I
      have tried my best but can do nothing further. Only Swamiji's Grace can do
      something for her," a devotee pleaded to the Master.

      "This is the nature of the world. It is Maya's powerful play. She has
      created this mind with peculiar constituents and does all this mischief,"
      the Master remarked.

      The lady approached the Master in a prayerful attitude and prostrated to
      him. "Bless me with discrimination, Swamiji," she prayed.

      Consoling her, the Master conducted prayer, chanting the Maha Mrityunjaya
      Mantra. She felt relieved.

      "There is always a complaint among aspirants : 'I have been meditating for
      the last twelve years and I have not made any improvement, any
      realisation. What is the matter?' They have not plunged themselves in deep
      meditation in the innermost recesses of their hearts. They have not
      properly saturated the mind with thoughts of God. They have not done
      regular, systematic sadhana-(practice). They have not disciplined the
      indriyas (senses) properly. They have not collected all the out-going rays
      of the mind. They have not made the self-determination that : 'I will
      realise God this very second'." - Swami Sivananda