    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2000
      Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:13:57 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (138)

      We have uploaded two books this week. This first is a collection of
      spiritual advice given periodically to earnest seekers by Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj, through his correspondence. These inspiring and
      elevating messages to seekers have been gathered and systematically
      arranged by his long time assistant and secretary, Sri Swami
      Vimalanandaji. The title of this book is "Eternal Messages".

      The second is a small booklet titled "How to Manage Oneself". This is by
      Sri A.K. Krishna Nambiar, a devotee of Gurudev Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.
      In this booklet is explained how we can manage oneselves for success in
      both material and spiritual life.

      Both these books are available for download from our free books page at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      GOD-LIVER OIL!: A young lady who appeared very weak came to the Master and
      prostrated to him. She told him about her ill-health and asked for some
      remedy.

      "Take 'God-liver oil'!" said the Master.

      "Swamiji, I have taken plenty of cod-liver oil, but it has served no
      purpose," said the lady.

      "Not cod-liver oil, but God-liver oil! It will nourish your mind, which in
      turn will make your body all right," came the Master's reply.

      "Please despair not. Take courage. It is life. No man is free in this
      world. Everyone of us at some stage or other has to suffer. Suffering is
      part and parcel of our life. No man can escape. Specially devotees of God
      suffer much. Our suffering is nothing when compared to the suffering of
      great saints. Face them boldly. Rise above them. Sufferings will
      strengthen you. They are blessings in disguise." - Swami Chidananda