    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2000
      Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:06:32 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (137)

      Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!

      Our focus this week is on the birthday of Lord Sri Krishna tomorrow
      (September 2). In celebration of the Lord's advent we uploaded a couple of
      articles on the life and teachings of Sri Krishna by Gurudev
      Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. They are:
      1) Gospel of Lord Krishna at:
      2) The Ideal of the Superman at:

      We have also uploaded Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj's "Special Insights
      Into Sadhana No. 8". This is the final booklet in the "Special Insight
      Into Sadhana" series. The talks in this booklet were given during:
      1) Rakshabandhan
      2) Krishna Jayanti
      3) Vinayaka Chaturthi
      4) Receiving of Guest
      This booklet is available for download from our free books page at:

      We also uploaded an article by Gurudev on the significance of
      Rakshabandhan (which was celebrated on August 26). This article is at:

      Another wonderful reading for Sri Krishna Jayanti would be "Bhagavan Sri
      Krishna" by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj. This article was recently
      uploaded to Swamiji's site at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      ADVICE TO MURUGADAS: Sri Murugadas, a famous Sankirtanist of Madras, who
      was staying at the Ashram for a few days, gave a Sankirtan recital in his
      gifted and sweet voice. This morning he met the Master in his cottage.

      "Murugadas Bhagavan, kindly go to the big hospitals in the city and
      conduct Kirtan and prayer for the health and long life of the patients. By
      doing this you can change the hospital atmosphere into a divine one, and
      it will act as a tonic for the quick recovery of the sick people.

      "Occasionally go to the jails and do Kirtan there for the welfare of the
      prisoners. Listening to the Name of the Lord will turn their minds and
      make them lead good and honest lives thereafter."

      Sri Murugadas agreed to do so and took leave of the Master.

      "Sri Krishna is regarded as the Purna-Avarata of God. He was perfect in
      every respect. God is all-pervading; Sri Krishna's life-on-earth, too, was
      all-comprehensive. Study Srimad Bhagavatam and the Mahabharata. You will
      understand what a multifaceted diamond Sri Krishna was. He was a wonderful
      child, divine boy, resplendent youth, dearest friend, mighty warrior, wise
      administrator, sweet comrade, master of diplomacy, protector of the meek,
      death of the wicked, preserver of Dharma, clever strategist, humble
      servant, obedient pupil, dutiful son, loving husband and Supreme Guru." -
      Swami Sivananda