    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2000
      Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:51:17 -0700
      From: Rob Wilhelm <rwilhelm@...>
      To: Divine Life Family <rwilhelm@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (136)

      Om namo Bhagavate Krishnanandaya!

      There have been some new uploads to Swami Krishnanandaji's website. They are:

      1) Yoga as a Universal Science (under Yoga & Meditation)
      2) The Mandukya Upanishad (Books on Hinduism)
      3) Essays on the Upanishads (Books on Hinduism)
      4) Bhagavan Sri Krishna (Discourses)

      Swami Krishnanandaji's website is at:

      Yours in service of Gurudev,

      THE SILKWORMS' SACRIFICE: A devotee of the Master, who was a silk manufacturer,
      was explaining how the silkworm cocoons were destroyed by thousands for the
      manufacture of fine silk. The Master's eyes were filled with compassion.

      "Poor silkworms! What a wonderful sacrifice they make! They sacrifice their
      very life so that men and women may wear luxurious silk clothes."

      Turning to the devotee, the Master asked, "Who kills the silkworms? Is it the

      "No, Swamiji, we never kill these worms; the machine is responsible for it."

      "Who is the proprietor of the machine?" came the Master's question!

      A spiritual aspirant is one who feels himself in a state of bondage. He
      experiences a sense of suffocation, of stiffing, of impatience with Samsara
      (worldly life), a feeling of �I am fed up". Generally, a person who says "I am
      fed up with life" or "I can't cope up" does not feel fed up with everything.
      What he feels fed up with are certain bad situations in which he may be placed
      in life; his mind is full of desires and he would like to enjoy all the world
      if he can. That is not enough for a spiritual aspirant. He must get fed up with
      everything in Samsara. --Swami Sivananda

      please send a message to rwilhelm@...