    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2000
      Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:08:10 -0700
      From: Rob Wilhelm <rwilhelm@...>
      To: Divine Life Family <rwilhelm@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (135)

      Om namo Bhagavate Krishnanandaya!

      Namaste!

      CONTRADICTION EXPLAINED: A retired person whom the Master had asked to
      return to his place after a stay of a few days in the Ashram, came one
      morning and
      prostrated to the Master.

      "Ohji, you need not go back. You can stay here and work in the press for a few
      hours daily. The rest of the time you can utilise for your Sadhana."

      "First you asked me to go back, Swamiji," replied the man. "Now you ask me to
      stay here, I don't know why."

      "Yes, first I asked you to go back because your mind was not fit enough to
      remain here. But your stay during these few days has made you all right. So I
      am asking you to stay here now."

      The person agreed and departed.

      Why should we at all aspire for God-realisation? Because this world in
      which we
      are born is full of misery, every object here is fleeting. We cannot get
      eternal satisfaction and perennial bliss in any objects here. God- realisation
      alone can confer on us Sarva-Duhkha-Nivritti (freedom from all miseries) and
      Paramananda Praapti (attainment of the Supreme Bliss). --Swami Chidananda