    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2000
      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:01:26 -0500
      From: Rob Wilhelm <rwilhelm@...>
      To: Divine Life Society <rwilhelm@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (127)

      Om namo Bhagavate Krishnanandaya!

      We have uploaded an article by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj
      titled "Memory-Culture". In this article Gurudev explains the
      importance of good memory for success in life and God-realization. Gurudev also
      tells us how to develop a good memory. This article is at:

      A very devout devotee from our Ashram in Rishikesh, Sri Wesley Zineski
      has offered free distribution of a couple of Sri Swami Venkatesanandaji's
      books to serious seekers. All those desiring to benefit from this
      wonderful offer, are kindly requested to contact him directly and
      provide a mailing address. He can be contacted at the following:

      Sri Wesley Zineski
      1029 Hyde Street Apt # 29,
      San Francisco, CA 94109
      (415) 776-1158

      Only one of each book will be offered to each devotee at each mailing
      address to ensure widest benefit to all. He is personally bearing all
      expenses for this offer.

      Please be advised that the hard-drive of our website crashed last

      We had a backup of all the contents except for the entries to the
      devotees' directory and guestbook. We lost the entries since May 20th,
      1999. Devotees whose particulars are missing from the devotees'
      directory are kindly requested to fill it again.

      Yours In Service of Gurudev,

      THE WORLD OUR HOME: Ravindar, an emotional type of aspirant, who thinks himself
      fit for Raja Yoga Sadhana, asked the Master for a comfortable and secluded room
      where he could stay and practise Raja Yoga.

      "You want a comfortable room? You should be able to do Sadhana anywhere. The
      whole world is your home. Stay anywhere and do Sadhana," advised the Master.

      No one is absolutely free from some sort of fear. It is only the Jnani or a
      full-blown Yogi and a Bhakta who is absolutely free from fear. How can fear
      affect that sage who sees his own Self everywhere? If one can conquer fear,
      half of his Sadhana is over. --Swami Sivananda

      please send a message to rwilhelm@...