    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2000
      Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 21:22:13 -0500
      From: Rob Wilhelm <rwilhelm@...>
      To: Divine Life Society <rwilhelm@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (125)

      Om namo Bhagavate Krishnanandaya!

      Namaste!

      We have a number of links this week for you to visit. Some are regarding
      upcoming DLS events and we also have links to a number of books that have been
      uploaded to the Web pages.

      Yours In Service of Gurudev,

      Rob

      Information about Swami Adhyatmanandaji's visit to USA from June 8th
      to August 2nd has been posted at: http://www.ripco.com/~bnaik/

      Information about the DLS of Maryland's Summer Retreat (July 25th to
      July 30th) with Swami Vimalananda, Swami Gurudevananda, Swami
      Ramswaroopananda
      and quite possibly Swami Adhyatmananda also has been posted at:
      http://www.dlsmd.com/events/summer_retreat.htm

      To mark Swami Sivanandaji's 75th Anniversary of embracing Sannyasa on
      June 1st, 1924 we uploaded a lecture by Swami Krishnanandaji titled
      "Sivananda--The Fire of Sannyasa". This lecture is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/saints/siva_sannyasa.htm

      We also uploaded a booklet by Swami Chidanandaji consisting of
      lectures given on the following occasions:
      Gurudev's Sannyasa
      Guru Purnima
      Gurudev's Samadhi

      The title of the booklet is "Special Insights Into Sadhana No. 6" and
      is available at our free books page at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      The title of the discourse for the month of June is "Take a Stand" by
      Swami Chidanandaji. In this article Swamiji explains the importance of
      perseverance and dispassion on the spiritual path. This article is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/discourse/jun99.htm

      Exactly a month ago on May 7th was the 79th birthday anniversary of
      one of Gurudev's foremost disciples, Sri Swami Premanandaji Maharaj. A brief
      biography of Swamiji has been uploaded at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/saints/prema.htm

      We have also uploaded the following books to our free books page:

      Books by Swami Sivananda:
      1) All About Hinduism
      2) Guru Tattva--On the subject of Guru-Disciple relationship.

      Books by Swami Chidananda:
      1) Essentials of the Higher Values of Life--Lectures on Vedanta given
      to students at the Yoga-Vedanta Forest Academy.
      2) Path to Blessedness--A series of lectures on the quintessence of
      the Ashtanga Yoga of Sage Patanjali.
      3) The Philosophy, Psychology and Practice of Yoga--A more in-depth
      look at Patanjali's Yoga Sutras.
      The following 3 books consist of spiritual discourses given by Swamiji
      at various places in the world:
      4) Guidelines to Illumination
      5) Message of Swami Chidananda to Mankind
      6) The Path Beyond Sorrow

      BUSINESS WITH GOD: Sri Om Prakash, a young friend of Sri Suri, a devotee of the
      Master, came from Delhi one morning. The Master enquired about him.

      "Om Prakashji, what is your ambition? Is it to get a job or to start a
      business?"

      "I want to do some business, Swamiji."

      "That is good. Start a good business and work hard. Earn four or five lakhs of
      rupees, then stop the business and start business with God. Business with God
      is very profitable, because your investment is only a little selfless service,
      a little prayer, a little Japa and meditation. But the profit you get from it
      is everlasting peace and happiness."