    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 10:17:51 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (120)

      We have more photographs from Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's birthday at:

      This month's discourse is titled "Beyond Time and Space" by Sri Swami
      Venkatesanandaji Maharaj. This is a lecture of Swamiji's on the Yoga
      Vasistha. This discourse is at:

      We have posted a list of books available in German language from the
      Divine Life Society of Germany at:

      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's book Resurgent Culture in HTML has been
      relocated to Sri Swamiji's site at:
      Sri Swamiji's site has been recently redesigned.

      The Divine Life Society of Maryland, USA's site has also been redesigned
      and is at a new location at: http://www.dlsmd.com/

      I have attached below a prayer invitation by Vivekayuktananda Ashram for
      the weal of the people in central Europe.

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      ps. I am going to be in Greenland for the next one month beginning May
      3rd. Rob Wilhelm will be taking care of the e-mail list while I am away.

      A special spiritual request by Swami Krishnapremananda Saraswati of
      Vivekayuktananda Ashram:

      A group of 7 samnyasins of the Vivekayuktananda Ashram sing mantras 24
      hours a day, so that Peace, Real Love, Divine Understanding, Clear
      Discernment, Respect to all that has been created, the exaltation to the
      Spiritual values, the relief for all those who are suffering, the charity
      and Union between all the human beings, be manifested in this world. That
      the Divine Light, without distinctions of religious believes, be spread
      all over this suffering and disoriented world and the Ahimsa
      (non-violence) be established in the heart of all the human beings.

      >From this very moment and as a request of our Sadgurudev Bhagavan Sri
      Swami Vivekayuktananda Maharaji, 8 of those 24 hours will be dedicated to
      ask for the cease of fire in central Europe and for the Kosovo refugees
      to receive all the physical, moral and spiritual support to relieve their
      intense and undescribable suffering. Hari OM Tat Sat.

      These 8 hours of special request will be between 12 am and 8 pm (GMT -4).
      We make an invitation to all the members of the DLS family to join us in
      our Sadgurudev's request. OM

      FREE-WILL: Sri Sucha Singh, a zealous aspirant, who had been staying at
      the Ashram for a year, wanted to return to his native place to take up
      employment. He came to the Master to take leave.

      The Master remarked, "Due to some good impressions of past births God
      places us in an environment where we can utilise our time in prayer and
      spiritual practices in the company of holy men. It is due to lack of
      discrimination that one wishes to abandon such a place and return to
      worldly life. God has given us the intellect as well as good conditions.
      It is left to us to decide whether to walk the path of Sreyo Marga
      (blessedness), which leads to everlasting bliss, or the path of Preyo
      Marga (enjoyment), which leads to the ever-revolving cycle of births and
      deaths and destruction in the end."

      Turning to Sri Sucha Singh, the Master said, "All right, may the Lord
      bless you! Keep this money with you for your onward expenses. Om Tat Sat."

      "Remember the instructions of Lord Jesus: 'If any one gives you a slap on
      one cheek, show him the other cheek also. If any one takes your coat, give
      him your cap also.' How sublime is this teaching! If you follow this you
      will have great spiritual strength and power of endurance. It will make
      you divine. It will transform the nature of the offender also at once." -
      Swami Sivananda

      please send a message to rwilhelm@...