    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2000
      Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:04:25 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (118)

      Om Sri Sankaracharyaya Namaha!

      In honour of Sri Sankaracharya's appearance day today (April 20) we
      uploaded a book titled "The Quintessence of Spiritual Practice". This book
      contains the five verses on spiritual practice (Sadhana Panchaka) of Sri
      Sankaracharya with commentary by Sri Swami Brahmanandaji Maharaj. This
      book is available at our free books page at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      HINTS TO NURSES: A lady doctor and her assistant came from Kankhal to have
      the Master's Darshan in the office. After giving them some books he
      enquired of the assistant, "Are you the assistant doctor?"

      "No, Swamiji, I am in charge of the operation theatre. I assist during the

      "What is an important quality necessary for one who assists in an
      operation?" asked the Master. He himself then answered, "Presence of mind.
      You must know beforehand the correct instruments needed at a particular
      time during the operation. Suppose you hand a wrong instrument by mistake
      and the doctor gets angry, then don't feel upset. You must be calm and
      bold. Do the needed things cheerfully, otherwise you may commit more
      mistakes and the operation may not be successful."

      The doctor and her assistant thanked the Master for the advice and

      "Absolute desirelessness is the most important of all qualifications of a
      disciple." - Swami Sivananda