    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2000
      Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:09:18 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (114)

      We uploaded a book by Holy Master, Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj,
      titled "Amrita Gita". This book contains pithy instructions by the Master
      on the following Yoga paths:

      Hatha Yoga
      Karma Yoga
      Japa Yoga
      Nada Yoga
      Bhakti Yoga
      Raja Yoga
      Jnana Yoga
      Adhyatma Yoga
      Kundalini Yoga
      Mantra Yoga

      This book is available at our free books page at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      We also uploaded an article by Revered Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj
      titled "Yoga--What It Is and What It Is Not". In this article Swamiji
      points out certain misconceptions about Yoga and then proceeds to exlain
      the true meaning and methodology of Yoga. This article is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/messages/whatisyoga.htm

      GOD ALONE GIVES: While the Master was returning from the office the same
      beggar group which came yesterday approached him for money.

      "Like this they will come daily, Swamiji. Swamiji need not give anything
      today. They should not be encouraged," said Swami Hridayananda.

      "Doesn't matter," said the Master. "God is giving."

      Turning to Satchidananda he said, "Ohji, give them one rupee each."

      "Yes, Prayer has tremendous influence. It can work anything provided you
      are sincere. It is at once heard and responded to. Do it in the daily
      struggle of life and realise for yourself its high efficacy. Pray in any
      way you like. Become as simple as a Child. Have no cunningness or
      crookedness. Then you will get everything." - Swami Chidananda