    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2000
      Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:06:36 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (113)

      On Sunday, March 14th, our revered Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj launched a
      web page for the Malaysian branch of the Divine Life Society at the
      Sivanandashram, Batu Cave, Malaysia. This page was launched by Swamiji
      during the Youth Symposium on Moral & Ethical excellence organized by the
      Youth Wing of the Malaysian branch.

      This website is at:

      This site contains the following information about the Malaysian Branch:
      * History
      * Activities
      * Sivananda Clinic
      * Youthwing and their activities
      * Pictures of our Masters and Sivanandashram, Malaysia.

      We also a uploaded a book on a theme related to youths titled "Students,
      Spiritual Literature and Sivananda". This book consists of a series of
      questions pertaining to the study of literature, the choice of books, the
      benefits of Svadhyaya and so on. The answers have been furnished by Sri
      Swami Chidanandaji. There are also some select articles and instructions
      by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji especially addressed to the younger
      generation. This book is available from our free books page at:

      Two new books have been uploaded to Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's website.
      They are
      1) Studies in Comparative Philosophy--A systematic study of the principal
      thinkers in the field of philosophy in the West in the light of the
      Vedanta doctrine of the East.

      2) The Philosophy of the Panchadasi--A chapter-wise study of the great
      metaphysical work of Swami Vidyaranya known as the Panchadasi in fifteen
      chapters, being a condensed form of Vedanta philosophy.

      Swamiji's website is at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      THE VALUE OF OPPOSITES: After the usual Kirtan and prayer in the office,
      the Master was replying to a question put by a lady devotee.

      "Vice exists to glorify virtue. Pride exists to glorify humility. Black
      exists to glorify white. Evil exists to glorify good. If all were good and
      virtuous, how would you appreciate virtues at all!"

      "When man plumbs into the depths of his own being, he spontaneously comes
      in contact with the roots of all things. Religious experience is
      tantamount to cosmic experience in a very important way. It is not an
      exhilaration that one privately feels within oneself. Religion is not an
      emotion. Nor is it a psychic phenomenon. It is impossible to describe it
      in available expressions. It surpasses the limitations not only of
      language, but also of the rules and regulations of society and the
      traditions of behavioural norms." - Swami Krishnananda