    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2000
      Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:57:29 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (112)

      We have uploaded "Conquest of Anger" by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj at our free books page. In this book, Gurudev explains the causes
      and types of anger and how to overcome them. This book can be downloaded
      from:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      ps. From now onwards I will be using Gurudev to refer to Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj instead of Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj in order to
      be consistent with the usage at Sivanandashram.

      SEE GOOD IN EVERYTHING: The Master was proceeding to the office. Sri
      Santosh approached him and informed him about R.'s health and consulted
      the Master about some medicines to be given to her.

      "Santosh, from where did you get that medicine?" enquired the Master.

      "From Swami Chidananda, Swamiji. He is keeping very good medicines with
      him."

      "He is a lover of medicines, I think," said the Master. "Santosh, is he
      not a very loving and compassionate man?"

      "Of course, Swamiji."

      The Master then said, "Always look to the good side of men and matters.
      Even when you come across people who are rude to you, feel that God has
      provided you with an opportunity of strengthening your mind through their
      behaviour. Always see what is good in others in order to develop that
      particular good quality in yourself.

      "See no evil, but if you happen to notice any, see that that evil does not
      come to you. God created both good and evil in this world for us to learn.
      >From the good we learn to be good, and from the evil to be free from evil.
      Therefore, both good and evil are really good only."

      "By discrimination, dispassion and meditation attain the realisation of
      the Atman, which is illumination, enlightenment and deliverance from
      death, pain and sorrow. " - Swami Sivananda