    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2000
      Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 00:03:28 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (111)

      This month's dicourse is titled "Repression in Sadhana and its Effects".
      In this discourse, Swami Sivanandaji explains the causes and effects of
      repression and how to avoid it by giving us knowledge of the subtle
      operations of our psyche. This discourse is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/discourse/mar99.htm

      To celebrate the Holi festival which is on March 1st, we uploaded an
      article by Holy Master on the significance of this colourful and joyful
      festival. This article is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/religions/holi.htm

      We have uploaded a document with the titles of all the books written by
      Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. This list is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/allbooks.htm

      We have also uploaded Gurudev Sri Swami Chidanandaji's "Special Insights
      Into Sadhana No. 5". This booklet contains Gurudev's early morning
      meditation talks during Gauranga Mahaprabhu's appearance day (which is on
      March 1st), Ramanavami, Buddha Jayanti and Sankara Jayanti.
      The title of the talks are:
      * Your Real Problem
      * Let Idealism Be Born In The Human Heart
      * The Key To Your Transformation
      * Affirm Truth Reject Untruth

      This booklet can be downloaded from:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      RAM-NAM BRINGS REAL FREEDOM: After going through some letters in his
      cottage, the Master started for the office. Swami Krishnananda Mata, an
      old lady, who prayed daily for her early departure from this world, came
      and bowed to the Master.

      "Awo Mataji. How are you?" greeted the Master.

      "Expecting the time to come early, Swamiji. Somehow God is not granting."

      "All the same to be here or to go there if Ram-Nam is constantly on the
      lips," said the Master.

      "Thought rules the world, they being inseparable as inner and outer
      expressions respectively. Clothe your thought with positive and living
      words and you can rule your life. Negative thoughts are base and blind and
      cause a vital loss of power. Spiritualise your thought, word and action
      and they become subtle, significant and sweet. Think in terms of
      conscious, vital realisation of the spirit of infinite life. Thoughts
      imprison you, being base; and they liberate you, being noble. You do not
      attract that which you want but stick to that which you are. You do not
      get what you wish and pray for, but that which you justly earn. Your
      wishes and prayers are gratified and answered when they harmonise with
      your thoughts and actions. You should not revolt continuously against an
      effect without, while all the time you go on nourishing and preserving its
      cause within your heart." - Swami Sivananda