    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2000
      Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:14:05 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (109)

      Om Namah Sivaya!

      In celebration of Mahasivaratri yesterday we uploaded blessed and
      worshipful Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji's book "Sixty-Three Nayanar
      Saints". The Publishers' Note gives a description of the great contents of
      this book: "Apart from the biographies of the Sixty-three nayanar Saints,
      this book contains an authoritative article on the Saiva Siddhanta
      Philosophy, the life of Saint Manicckavasagar, selections from the
      utterances of Nayanar saints, and articles on Glory of Lord Siva, and Puja
      and Ishta Devata, all by Sri Swami Sivananda, and an evaluation of the
      Nayanars' Message for us by Sri Swami Venkatesananda."

      This book can be downloaded from:

      Today (Feb. 15) is the 92nd. birth anniversary of Rev. Sri Swami
      Paramanandaji Maharaj. Swamiji was known as the "Bismarck of the Ashram"
      as he was virtually the foundation of the Divine Life Society. Holy Master
      paid the following tribute to Swamiji: "Swami Paramananda has got original
      ideas. It was he who built the Bhajan Hall, collecting donations from
      people. It was he who started the Publication League. It was he who
      organised my All India Tour. He was responsible for bringing out German
      and French translations of my books. He wrote to the publishers and
      induced them to take up the translations. He has spread my knowledge
      throughout the foreign countries. He is a very hard worker. He works the
      whole night."

      A biography of Swamiji has been uploaded to our site at:

      We also uploaded an article by Swamiji on how to be an ideal disciple. The
      title of the article is "Approaching the Guru" and is at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      THE MASTER'S EQUAL VISION: After the office work the Master took
      photographs with a military officer and a press reporter from Delhi. While
      he was returning to his cottage, four or five beggars stood on the
      wayside. Suddenly, to the surprise of all, he called the poor beggars to
      his side and asked Sri Purushottam to take shots. Then he gave each one a
      rupee and sent them away. Both the press reporter and the military officer
      were dumbfounded to witness the Master's simplicity and equal vision among
      the rich and the poor.

      "Om Namah Sivaya. Om is Sat-Chit-Ananda Para-Brahman. 'Namah Sivaya' means
      'Prostration to Lord Siva.' This is the five-lettered formula or the
      Panchakshara-Mantra of Lord Siva. This is a very powerful Mantra which
      will bestow on the chanter the Highest Bliss of Existence." - Swami