    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2000
      Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:23:09 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (108)

      We have uploaded Gurudev Sri Swami Chidanandaji's "Special Insights Into
      Sadhana No. 4". This booklet contains Gurudev's early morning meditation
      talks during Maha Sivaratri and Gauranga Mahaprabhu's appearance day. The
      title of the talks are:
      * The Subjective Dimension Of Prayer
      * Wisdom Makes Devotion Fruitful
      * The Folly Of Ego

      This booklet can be downloaded from:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      "Your Questions Answered" is the title of the book recently uploaded to
      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj's website. Swamiji leaves no stones
      unturned in answering the basic questions of life. Swamiji's website is
      at:
      http://www.geocities.com/~sriswamiji/

      A new website has been launched for the Divine Life Society of
      Maryland, USA at:
      http://home1.gte.net/alund/index.htm

      This website contains the following sections:
      * Quarterly Newsletter of the DLS of Maryland
      * Bookstore
      * Activities
      * Prayers
      * Teachings

      The prayer section contains excerpts from the "Sivananda Ashram Daily
      Prayers" book that has been published recently.

      The Teachings section currently has a lecture given by Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj to the students of the 23rd Course of Yoga
      Vedanta Forest Academy, 10th. May 1996. The title of the talk is "Some
      Basic Truth of Life".

      BEING WORTHY OF ONE'S NAME: The Master gave Darshan in the morning at
      10 a.m. He was in a jovial mood.

      A devotee from Kuala Lumpur came and prostrated.

      "What is the name of your daughter?" enquired the Master.

      "My daughter's name is Satgunam" (meaning 'good-natured').

      "Satgunam? Has she a quarrelsome nature? Is she good to you? Or is she
      Satgunam in name only?"

      "No, Swamiji, she is very good to me. She respects, adores and serves me
      nicely," replied the devotee.

      "That is it!" said the Master. "One should prove worthy of one's name.
      Some people keep a very beautiful name but their character is just the
      opposite. What is the use of having the name 'Annapoorna' but not giving a
      morsel of food to a poor man. Miss Rosy may be like a rose externally only
      but full of thorns inside! Mr Broadman will be only physically broad but
      narrow-minded at heart! As is the name so should be the character."

      All enjoyed this instructive humour of the Master and burst into laughter!

      "Culture is not just an art or literature or dancing or music or painting.
      Culture is good behaviour. Culture is refined manners. Culture is ethical
      perfection. Culture is Divine wisdom." - Swami Chidananda