    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2000
      Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:35:55 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (107)

      We have uploaded a book by Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj
      titled "Temples in India". This book consists of inspiring hymns dedicated
      to the deities in some of the major temples in India and also a short
      description of their location and the important spiritual legends that are
      connected to them. This book can be downloaded from our free books page

      This month's discourse is titled "The Marionettes' Game" and it is by Sri
      Swami Venkatesanandaji Maharaj. In this discourse Swamiji expounds on the
      meaning of Vasana (usually translated as subtle desire) and also throws
      much light on the concept of creation and dissolution based on events that
      take place in our daily life. This discourse is at:

      There have been many new uploads to Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj's
      website over the week. A new book on the Brahma Sutra by Swamiji is now
      available at Swamiji's site. This very difficult text has been, in
      Swamiji's words, "sugar-coated" so that we can understand it.

      Swamiji's site also has a discourse section now. The following discourses
      are now available:
      * Swami Sivananda
      * Purity
      * Religion and Spirituality
      * A Conversation (on the concept of Judge and the current state of India)
      * The Integrated Life According to the Brahma Sutra
      * The Difficulties of a Spiritual Seeker
      * The Ontological Argument in Philosophy, A Critique to the Argument, and
      * Philosophical Deliberations

      Swamiji's website is at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      DEVELOPING FRIENDSHIP: After the night Satsang the Master introduced Sri
      R., a devotee from Malaya, to Sri S. H. They saluted each other and after
      a few words kept quiet. Noticing this the Master remarked, "Ohji, as soon
      as you meet a new person you should talk to him or her sweetly and
      voluntarily. You should make the person feel homely within a short time.
      You should not maintain a reserved attitude. This is the secret of
      developing good friendship with one and all."

      "The irreligious man also will reach God ultimately, but through a longer
      and more painful route, after a lot of experience of the miseries of the
      world. The religious-minded man will go to Him by short cut and enjoy the
      bliss of God in this very birth. The sooner you become religious-minded,
      the sooner you will reach the fountain-source of bliss." - Swami Sivananda