    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2000
      Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:51:53 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (106)

      The Sivananda Cultural Association, a branch of the Divine Life Society in
      New Delhi, India, has just launched a web page. Among the items at this
      website are:

      *Voice of Sivananda, the bilingual moonthly magazine in English and Hindi.
      *A photo gallery
      *Biographies of Swami Sivananda, Swami Chidananda, Swami Krishnananda,
      Swami Madhavananda and Swami Premananda
      *Epistles from Swami Sivananda and Swami Chidananda
      *An inspiring thought for the day

      This wonderful site is at:
      http://www.janus.netfx.net/sivananda/index.html

      Yoga and Christianity by Gurudev Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj has been
      kindly translated to Spanish by Swami Dharma Mataji of Vivekayuktananda
      Ashram. This article is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/spanish/yogachristian_sp.htm

      The following books by Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj are now
      available in HTML as well:
      1) Conquest of Fear
      2) May I Answer That?
      3) Practice of Brahmacharya

      These books can be downloaded from:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      ON REINCARNATION: Sri M. K. Pandit, an old gentle-man, a native of
      Udaipur, who had settled in America, came to the Master and prostrated.

      "Swamiji Maharaj, I have heard of your greatness, your wonderful teachings
      and your wonderful mission. Today I am having your Darshan and feel
      blessed. Swamiji, is it possible for a soul with a male body to take a
      female body in the next incarnation?"

      This was Sri M. K. Pandit's query.

      "O yes!" said the Master. "The soul has to undergo various experiences in
      different bodies. In the male body it experiences the qualities of
      boldness, strength, etc., and in the female body it experiences patience,
      mercy, kindness and forgiveness. Moreover, a man is never a full man nor a
      woman a full woman. There is woman in man and man in woman. There are
      animal traits also in man. In some men there is the nature of a dog, in
      others the nature of a donkey, the nature of a jackal and tiger. Whichever
      quality is predominant at the time of death, the soul takes a body with
      that particular quality in the next incarnation. So develop divine
      qualities. You will evolve quickly and become the Divine Itself in the
      end."

      "Thank you, Swamiji. My doubt is now cleared. When I go back I will try to
      disseminate your teachings," said Sri Pandit.

      "This world is a great school. It is for thy education. Be wise. Be in the
      spirit of Yoga. Utilise all opportunities to the best possible advantage.
      There is no such thing as bad. Your capacities and will-power will
      develop. You will receive more of Divine Light, Knowledge, Purity, Peace
      and Spiritual strength. Smile with the flowers and the green grass. Shake
      hands with the shrub, ferns and twigs. Develop friendship with all
      neighbours, dogs, cats, cows, human beings, trees, in fact, with all
      nature's creations. You will have a perfect and rich life. Open your eyes
      now. Wake up from your deep slumber and profound inertia. Regain the lost
      divinity. Thou art Divine. Thou art Atman. Realise this and be free." -
      Swami Sivananda