    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2000
      Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:56:54 -0600 (CST)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (104)

      There are now more books at Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's newly redesigned
      website. The books are:

      1) The Yoga of Meditation. An exposition of the meditational process.
      Swamiji gives a most wonderful introduction as to why one takes to the
      practice of meditation.

      2) Sadhana The Spiritual Way. The methodology of actual spiritual
      practice.

      3) The Yoga System. The technique of the practice of Yoga.

      4) The Song of God Almighty. A subject-wise poetic rendering of the
      Bhagavadgita.

      5) The Struggle for Perfection. On the relevance of all events to the
      cosmic purpose.

      Swamiji's website is at
      http://www.geocities.com/~sriswamiji/

      We have also uploaded an article by Swamiji to our site. The title of the
      article is "The Individual Nature". In this article, Swamiji equips us
      with a proper understanding of how our instincts for food and sex
      operates. This understanding is very important as Swamiji says "any unwise
      meddling with this urge, without properly understanding its deeper
      meaning, may make it run riot and ruin the individual attempting to
      control it." Swamiji also explains the working of our rational urges (i.e.
      desire for knowledge). This article is at
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/messages/individual.htm

      THE MASTER'S WISDOM: It was 9 a.m. A group of devotees from Malaya and
      some other visitors waited eagerly in front of the Master's cottage. When
      the doors were opened all rushed to have his Darshan.

      In the midst of the crowd there was an aged, poor and diseased person.
      Somehow he came forward and sat in front of the Master. After explaining
      his difficulties he demanded twenty rupees. The Master, in his boundless
      compassion, took pity on him but gave only twelve. Again the old man
      pleaded for twenty. The Master flatly refused and asked Sri Satyagyanam to
      give him a tin of milk powder and coffee.

      All were surprised to see this unusual attitude of the Master who refused
      the man the amount he demanded. "He has cultivated the bad habit of
      drinking," explained the Master. "If I give him more money he will drink
      more and spoil his health."

      "Kindly do not delay. The spiritual seed must be sown in you now, when you
      are young. You must offer beautiful flowers, a pure mind to the Lord--not
      a rotten, tainted mind later on." - Swami Sivananda