9Sivananda Day-to-Day (10)

    Sep 3, 1999

      Salutations and prostrations.

      Shree is working on a Bhajan Collection Project for the benefit of all.
      Please help her with this noble project. I have enclosed her request
      below.

      Yours in service of Gurudev,

      Namaskaar,

      Currently I am working on collecting all the chanting bhajans as well as
      devotional songs. The bhajan collection will be available both in
      transliterated form as well as devanaagarii output.

      I would like to receive any bhajans that you might have as part of your
      temple or group activities. If they are already typed in computer, you
      could send them via email to shree@... OR if you would like to send
      us paper copies or fax them, please contact me for the address.

      I have a site on puja-s and bhajan-s (text and audio files) which you
      might like to visit. Please browse the pages when you have some time, It
      is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/8891/
      If you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

      I plan to finish the collection in about a month's time. The files will
      then be available as transliterated text files, devanagarii postscript
      files or gif files. We hope the Bhajan collection will be of benefit to
      devotees all over the world.

      In future, we would like to setup an on-line free utility where people
      will be able to prepare handouts of their own choice of bhajan-s and
      shloka-s.

      I assure you that there is no catch or promotion of any particular sect,
      group, or followings in pursuing this collection.

      I sincerely hope to receive a reply from you and some help regarding the
      bhajan collection.

      dhanyavaad !

      Yours sincerely,

      Shree Devi Kumar
      E-mail: shree@...
      Web: http://members.tripod.com/~satsangh

      SECRET OF ABUNDANCE: Referring to servants, the Master said to some of
      his disciples, "Always give the best thing to your servants."
      After making this remark, he continued in the same vein, "Do not close the
      door and take first-class coffee. As soon as you close the door, you
      should feel that God is witnessing your action and that you should not act
      selfishly. Give and give. This is the secret of abundance. The moment
      your stock is exhausted by giving to others, fresh supply will come. This
      is the unalterable law."

      "The light of life is Guru's teachings, the strength of life is trust in
      God. The wealth of life is virtue. The treasure of life is devotion to
      Lord. The basis of life is Dharma" - Swami Chidananda