87Sivananda Day-to-Day (89)

    Dec 5, 1999
      Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:04:39 -0500 (CDT)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (89)

      We have uploaded the text of a talk delivered by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji
      Maharaj on September 8, 1998 in the Samadhi Shrine of The Sivananda Ashram
      on the occasion of Swami Sivananda's Birth Anniversary. The talk is on the
      glory of Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. The URL of the talk
      is: http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/saints/siva_krishna.htm

      Devotees will be happy to know that there is now a Swami Krishnananda web
      site. Swamiji's web site is going to carry all of Swamiji's books. The web
      site is at: http://www.geocities.com/~sriswamiji/

      Currently Swamiji's web site has the following books in HTML:

      Vaishvanara Vidya - An exposition of cosmic meditation as adumbrated in
      the Chhandogya Upanishad.

      The Problems of Spiritual Life - An incisive series of replies that Swami
      Krishnananda gives to several highly penetrating questions raised by a
      seeking lawyer.

      Self-Realisation, Its Meaning and Method - Here is an in-depth analysis of
      the notion of what is known as the Self, which issue is the centrality of
      one's very being.

      The Epic of Consciousness - A cosmological poetry describing in a
      Miltonian style the descent of human nature and its ascent to God.

      The Realisation of the Absolute - A treatise on the Vedanta-philosophy and
      its methodology.

      These books have been linked from our free books page as well. We will
      shortly begin work on converting the books to PDF for easy printing.

      ON MEDITATION: Mrs. Sita Ram of New Delhi referred to the Master some
      points regarding meditation. While she was in the office, seated in front
      of him, the Master gave her the following advice, "When one progresses in
      meditation, new Pranic currents are produced, which cause shivering of the
      body. This will disappear after some time. Sometimes, while doing
      meditation, you may feel as if someone were pressing your head; sometimes
      you may feel as if you were floating in the air. When the mind is
      controlled the breath stops automatically. At this time all that is
      required is a little courage. This is the experience of all aspirants. You
      can do Japa of Om on such occasions."

      Mrs. Sita Ram then reported to the Master that she was losing her temper
      more than she used to do before, despite her progress in Sadhana.

      To this the Master replied, "Now your mind become subtler. So it has
      become more sensitive. It is a sign of progress. Just as the train when it
      begins to move, moves backwards at first, so also is the case with you.
      There is nothing to get worried about. If you become angry, try to keep
      silent, don't reply. Observe brevity of speech or leave the place."

      "We can deceive man but we cannot deceive God. We cannot deceive even our
      own selves. So it is no use believing that we are something other than
      what we really are. Whatever be our learning, it stands not before the eye
      of God." - Swami Krishnananda