6Sivananda Day-to-Day (7)

    Aug 30, 1999

      Salutations and Prostrations.

      This month's discourse, "Highest Yoga", by beloved Gurudev, Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj, will show you the quickest way to attain
      God-realisation here and now in this very birth. In this discourse,
      Gurudev also tells us how our spiritual progrees can be measured. The URL
      is:

      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/discourse/mar97.htm

      Yours in service of Gurudev,

      CONTROL OF THE SENSES: Zal Mathaji enquired, "My Lord, how to control
      the senses?"

      The Master replied, "If the tongue wishes to taste halwa (a sweetmeat),
      take only ordinary food. If the eyes wish to see cinema pictures, refrain
      from visiting the cinema. See Krishna only everywhere. If the organ of
      speech troubles you, observe silence."

      "If the mind troubles?" enquired Zal Mathaji.

      "If the mind troubles, meditate on the Lord. Do Japa. You can control all
      the senses by fixing the mind on the Lord."

      "The secular aspect of your life cannot be and must not be regarded as a
      separate department that has no connection with God and His worship.
      Religious life and spiritual life means whole of your living." - Swami
      Chidananda