436Sivananda Day-to-day (403)

    Feb 28, 2009

      We have posted an article by Sri Swami Brahmanandaji
      titled "What We Think That We Become" at:

      We have uploaded the spiritual calendar for
      2009/2010 at:

      Several new articles, book chapters and audio
      recordings have been posted at Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji's site. The following titles have been
      1) A Catechism on Hinduism (Question and answers on
      2) The Importance of the Satarudriya (Speech
      delivered during Sivaratri in 1980)
      3) The Importance of Our Last Thought (Article)
      4) Commentary on the Bhagavadgita (Book chapters)

      The above articles can be accessed from:

      Sri Swami Padmananbhanandaji has been elected as the
      General Secretary of The Divine Life Society. The
      official announcement has been posted at:

      A biography on Swamiji has been posted at:

      Photos of the recent Mahasivaratri celebration at
      Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh has been posted at:

      The last day of application for the 62nd Yoga-Vedanta
      course at the Yoga-Vedanta Forest Academy is 15th
      March 2009. The classes will be held from 3rd May to
      29th June, 2009. For details, please see:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      BEING ONE WITH ALL: Building work on the Viswanath
      temple in the Ashram was going apace. The Master went
      up to inspect. All of a sudden he flung his towel
      away and girded up his dhoti in the fashion of a
      coolie. The next moment he was carrying basketsful of
      earth on his head! He mixed freely with the workers.
      They got immense joy in his company. He perhaps
      derived even greater joy in being one with them.

      The Master then began to strike the ground with the
      durmat to give even pressure to the foundation,
      declaring, "Any service in the construction of a
      temple is indeed most sacred."

      "We see people who engage in doing good things having
      a lot of misfortune, lot of troubles, lot of
      suffering. That is a law. If debts are accumulated,
      you have to repay them. If someone is suffering even
      while doing good to others, it means that he is
      getting rid of old debts. A little negative past is
      being cleared and finished." - Swami Chidananda.