431Sivananda Day-to-day (399)

    Oct 31, 2008

      We have posted the "In Memoriam" of Revered Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/saints/chida_memoriam.htm

      A report on the 16 Days Celebration of Revered
      Swamiji's Mahasamadhi has been posted at:
      http://sivanandaonline.org/html/misc/mahasamadhi-2008/16DaysCelebration.shtm

      For this month's discourse we posted an article by
      Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji titled "Ideal of Yoga"
      at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/oct2008.htm

      Many new articles and a book have been uploaded to
      Revered Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's site. They are:
      1) The Philosophical Foundations of Religious
      Consciousness (Book)
      2) Bhagavan Sri Krishna as Mahayogesvara
      3) Through Hardship and Vicissitude
      4) The Aim of Life
      5) Shakti and Yoga
      6) Worship of Mahadevi
      7) Devi Mahatmya, Pronunciation of Mantras and Hindu
      Gods
      8) The Medication of Yoga and Meditation

      All the above can be accessed from:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/uploads.html

      The exchange rate used on our online bookstore is
      currently set at 1 USD = 46 Rupees as opposed to 38
      Rupees just a week ago. This is the time to buy
      Gurudev's books before the rate goes up. Our online
      bookstore is at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/books

      We have posted a tab-delimited text file which can be
      imported to Excel for those who prefer to do their
      order offline. This is at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/books/prlist.txt

      DIVINE LOVE: It was way back in the late thirties.
      When a Christian friend was taken by the Master and
      left in the Ashram dining hall, the Hindus there
      stopped eating and walked out in the middle of their
      meals. Hearing of this, the next day the Master took
      the Christian into the kitchen itself, spread a mat
      for him to sit and served the meal himself. Seeing
      this the inmates raised no more objections.

      On another occasion, food had to be sent up the hill
      to the Muslim overseer supervising the construction
      of the Ashram temple. The disciple in charge of the
      kitchen sent the rice and rotis in a leaf and the
      soup in a clay cup. The Master came to know of this.
      The very next day he was at the kitchen at mealtime
      and saw to it that the overseer's food was sent in a
      plate and bowls instead of in a leaf and clay cup.
      And he told his disciple in charge of the kitchen,
      "God asks a man not his caste or creed but only if
      there is love in his heart."

      "The Guru lives in his teachings. When you are living
      the teachings of the Guru, you are in the deepest
      contact with the Guru, you are in the deepest state
      of yoga with the Guru." - Swami Chidananda