41Sivananda Day-to-Day (43)

    Oct 10, 1999
      Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 17:44:31 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (43)

      I have uploaded Swami Krishnanandaji´┐Żs lecture on "The Significance of
      Ekadasi". In this discourse, Swamiji clearly explains the science of
      fasting and why it is particularly beneficial to fast on Ekadasi. The URL
      of the discourse is

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      ON HIMSELF: A visitor asked a series of questions about the Master and
      the answers received were more enlightening than he had bargained for.

      "What is your name, Swamiji?"

      "What is your native place?"

      "Brahmapuri; it has another name also-Niralambapuri."

      "Do you take rest?"

      "Yes, I rest in Brahman or Satchidananda always."

      "What is your food, Swamiji?"

      "Meditation or Samadhi is my food."

      "Swamiji, do you ever drink, and what?"

      "Yes, I do drink. I drink the nectar of immortality or Amrita. It is the
      quintessence of essences."

      "To what caste do you belong, Swamiji?"

      "I belong to a caste known as Brahman; only one member belongs to this
      caste, and He is the Universal Consciousness."

      "How old are you, Swamiji?"

      "I am Eternity; I am the unborn Reality."

      "Who are your parents, Swamiji?"

      "Brahman is my father; Mula-Prakriti is my mother."

      "Where were you educated?"

      "In the school of Atma, where the teacher is the all-pervading, nameless
      and formless Self, and the medium of instruction is the Supreme Silence.
      To that school I repaired with the slate of my pure heart, on which my
      teacher wrote the sacred Pranava with His divine pencil of Divine Light."

      "He only is advancing in life whose heart is getting softer, whose blood
      warmer, whose brain quicker and whose spirit is entering in living peace."
      - Swami Sivananda