359Sivananda Day-to-day (337)

  • pannir@dlshq.org
    Sep 1, 2003

      It has been two months since I sent the last e-mail.
      I have been traveling for the last two months and may
      be on travel for a further two months. As such the e-
      mails may be irregular till I am done with my
      travels. However you may check our Announcements page
      for updates as Ashram activities are promptly posted
      on that page directly from the Ashram. Our
      Announcements page is at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/announce/announce.htm

      The following reports have been posted at the above
      mentioned link:
      1) Sri Krishna Janmashtami with His Holiness Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj
      2) Launch of The Divine Life Society New Web Site
      (some sections are under development).
      3) 40th Anniversary of the Punyatithi Aradhana of His
      Holiness Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      4) Sadhana Week at Sivananda Ashram Headquarters
      5) Guru Purnima, In the Divine Presence of His
      Holiness Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj

      A couple of articles have been uploaded to our site.
      They are:

      "The Purpose of Life" by Gurudev Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji Maharaj:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/aug2003.htm

      and

      "Hatha Yoga: An Art And A Science" by Sri Swami
      Venkatesanandaji Maharaj:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jul2003.htm

      SHYNESS TO SING KIRTAN: During the night Satsang some
      new visitors caught the Master's attention. He called
      out to them one by one and asked them to sing Kirtan.
      An advocate and another high official offered many
      excuses but found that the Master would not yield.

      "You don't know Kirtan?"

      They could not say no, for that would be telling a
      lie!

      "I know, Swamiji."

      "Then sing. What is the difficulty in saying, 'Ram,
      Ram, Ram'?"

      Each one then poured forth his heart, the shyness
      having vanished.

      "Peace is the very life-breath of man. Even if you
      are an emperor, of what use is your royal life if you
      do not have peace? You can have permanent peace if
      only you turn your mind from sensual objects and live
      in the Divine within." - Swami Sivananda

      http://www.dlshq.org/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?f=u&l=gurudev&e=sivananda@yahoogroups.com&p=8656

      Click this link, or copy and paste the address into your browser.