328Sivananda Day-to-day (306)

    Dec 11, 2002

      We have uploaded two talks. One by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      and the other by Sri Swami Atmaswarupanandaji Maharaj. The talks that
      we have uploaded are:

      "God Is Present in the Midst of the Human Condition" by Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/messages/godispresent.htm

      and "Testing Our Spiritual Life" by Swami Atmaswarupanandaji:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/messages/testing.htm

      CONSOLING A DEVOTEE: A young man who was very seriously concerned about
      his health slipped into the office along with his wife. Without any
      patience and the usual courtesy, he went right up to the Master's seat
      and stood; almost brushing his sleeves against the Master's arm.

      "Om Namo Narayanaya!" greeted the Master, unmindful of his own
      conversation with Sri Somadeva Sarma. The man placed before the Master
      his problem. "Swamiji, I have got this," he said, pointing to a white
      patch on his neck. "Please tell me what it is and how to get rid of it.
      I have consulted many doctors and each one says something different.
      Some doctors said it is . . ." Seeing the young man hesitant, the
      Master volunteered, "Leucoderma."

      "Yes, Swamiji, that is what one doctor said it was. I got greatly
      upset. It has brought on great mental agony." "No, my child, you should
      not give way to emotions like this and get upset. It is, after all,
      just loss of pigment." "Still, Swamiji, it will disfigure me. Oh! I am
      greatly worried about it. Please do something for me, Swamiji."
      "Practise Sirshasana and Sarvangasana regularly. Do some Pranayama
      also. Use the prescription that I am giving you."

      The Master then gave him a medical prescription. And the young man,
      greatly relieved, prostrated and left.

      "You must be established in the repetition of the Mantra to such an
      extent that even in dream your mind will be repeating the Mantra." -
      Swami Sivananda