325Sivananda Day-to-day (303)

    Nov 9 10:22 AM

      We have uploaded several talks by Guru Maharaj Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      and Sri Swami Atmaswarupanandaji Maharaj. These inspiring talks were
      delivered after the early morning meditation session at the Sacred
      Samadhi Hall of Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj, Sivananda
      Ashram, Rishikesh.

      The talks that we have uploaded are:

      By Sri Swami Chidanandaji

      Purposefully Direct the Power Potential Within

      By Swami Atmaswarupananda

      Affirm the Reality Wherever We Are At!

      The Need for Both Dispassion and Practice

      Take Refuge NOW!

      I am going to be be away in Chile for the next 7-10 days. Please excuse
      me if I am unable to respond to e-mails during this period.

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      REVERENCE FOR THE GURU: The Master was making enquiries about the
      progress of the music class. The music students replied that they were
      carrying on.

      "You should all greet Sivaswarupji with folded palms and 'Om Namo
      Narayanaya'. You should revere the Guru who teaches you the art. Only
      then will the learning be fruitful."

      "Yes, Swamiji, we are all doing that though we sometimes forget to do

      "No, no, you should never forget this. See, I had Swami Vishwanandaji's
      company only for a few hours. Still I remember him daily in my Stotras
      in the morning. I include Swami Vishnudevanandaji's name also, as it
      was he who performed the Vraja Homa for me. It is very necessary. Only
      then will the spark of Mumukshutwa burn brightly in us.

      The Master then began reminiscing.

      "Once I learnt sword-play from an untouchable. It lasted only for a few
      days. He was an untouchable, yet I used to greet him with coconut and
      betel leaves in hand. Guru is Guru, to whichever caste or creed he

      "In Malaya there were several Tantrik adepts. It was the time when the
      Spanish 'Flu took a heavy toll of life there. I also had an attack but
      somehow escaped. A Tantrik knew several Mantras and Yantras. There was
      one wonderful Vidya. A special unguent would be applied to the
      thumb´┐Żnail of the adept who did the requisite number of malas of Japa
      of the Mantra. Through this unguent the adept would be able to see and
      know about distant happenings. He would tell you what was going on in
      such and such a place in Mysore, or what a particular person was doing,
      where he was, and so on. Even now I remember the Mantra."

      Here the Master repeated the Mantra.

      "I had great reverence for the man who taught me the Mantra. I used to
      prostrate to him, entertain him nicely and serve him whenever the
      occasion arose. Later I gave up the Tantrik practice as I did not like
      subjugating Deities and getting things done through them."

      "Know the Lord to be the only real thing in the midst of things unreal.
      Remember God. Take His Name always. Meditate upon Him. Feel His
      Presence everywhere. Surrender yourself to Him. He will bless you with
      peace, bliss, plenty, prosperity and immortality." - Swami Sivananda

      To subscribe to this mailing list send a blank
      e-mail to: sivananda-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To unsubscribe from this mailing list just send an
      e-mail with the subject: unsubscribe
      to: pannir@...