258Sivananda Day-to-day (244)

    Sep 28, 2001

      We have uploaded a book by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj titled
      "Karmas and Diseases". In this book, Gurudev goes into detail about
      which actions produce which diseases as a result. This book can be
      downloaded from:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm#karmadisease

      LAZINESS: The Master kept silent over the incident till he came into the
      office. Quietly he introduced the topic.

      "I looked out of my room at 5 a.m. It was raining. Then I waited a
      little and the rain stopped. I went to the Bhajan hall but found no one
      there. Everyone thought that I also would not come. Then when they all
      saw me they started gathering. It is all due to inborn laziness.

      "Even if one man went there, he should start Kirtan. It is said of Swami
      Ramakrishnanandaji, the founder of the Ramakrishna Mission at Madras,
      that he would deliver his lectures at the appointed time and place even
      if there were no one to listen to him. Because of his indomitable will
      his Satsankalpa is working even now."

      "Until and unless Self-realisation is attained, Knowledge-Absolute is
      gained, there is ever the ebb and flow, the constant see-saw between the
      animal and the man in every human being. The beast or the brute is never
      completely absent or overcome except through a final Divinisation of the
      individual." - Swami Sivananda