25Sivananda Day-to-Day (26)

    Sep 21 4:35 AM
      Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 15:19:04 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (26)

      A REQUEST FOR PRAYER: A devoted gentleman made two requests to the Master.
      One was that the Master should pray for the health of a certain ailing
      person. The other was that he pray so that his son may pass his
      examination in the first division.

      To the first request the Master said, "I am doing Japa of the Maha
      Mrityunjaya Mantra daily for the health of all persons in the world. I
      repeat the prayer, 'Sarvesham Swastirbhavatu' also every day. I shall pray
      for the recovery of your friend."

      As to the second request the Master said, "I cannot pray that your son
      should pass in the first division. If he does not study, how can he pass
      in the first division? But I can pray for him generally."

      The next day, however, the Master said at Satsang, "Let is do Kirtan for
      the recovery of Mr. X. and for the son of Mr. Y., for his success in
      passing the examination in the first division."

      The Master then did collective Kirtan.

      "Constant repetition of Lord's Name purifies your heart, removes your
      doubts, and bestows immortality." - Swami Sivananda