211Birthday of Sri Swami Venkatesanandaji Maharaj

    Dec 29, 2000
      "Venkatesanandaji is not a small boy. All the Ashram work he is doing. I
      must tell all this, so that other people may be inspired to emulate his
      example. He has not uttered a single word that could displease me. If I
      want to get some work done urgently, the next morning it is ready; he
      would do it sitting up the whole night. He has no ego. He will never
      say: "This is not good." He is pleasing in manners. We should always try
      to please everybody. People generally bring in the story of the donkey,
      the old man and his son, in support of their argument that it is not
      possible to please everybody. This is wrong. I always try to please
      everybody, whatever be the nature of people. When a man comes to me, I
      find out what is good in him and try to please him. Though it may not
      always be possible, you must try to please all to the maximum extent
      open to you." - Swami Sivananda

      Today (Dec. 29th) is the holy occasion of revered and worshipful Sri
      Swami Venkatesanandaji Maharaj's 79th birthday anniversary.

      In celebration of Swamiji's birthday we uploaded a booklet titled "The
      Master Said ...". This booklet contains a speech delivered by Gurudev
      Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj on 26th December 1954, at Sivanandashram,
      Rishikesh, for the celebration of the 34th birthday of Sri Swami
      Venkatesanandaji. This booklet also contains 38 pictures of Sri Swami
      Venkatesanandaji with eminent saints and personages. Please download
      this booklet from:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/download/download.htm#mastersaid

      A series of eleven inspiring talks by Sri Swami Venkatesanandaji titled
      "Living at The Feet of Gurudev in The Ashram" has been uploaded to the
      Divine Life Society of Maryland's website at:
      http://www.dlsmd.org/teachings/venkatesananda/liveingfeetguru.htm