167Sivananda Day-to-day (169)

    Apr 12, 2000
      Om Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram!

      We have uploaded a Ramanavami Message by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj. The title of the message is "Way to Rama Rajya" (Way to the
      Kingdom of Rama). Gurudev mentions at the beginning of the message: "Out
      of the fullness of my heart and love for you all I send a Message Divine
      to inspire you, to instantly elevate and to transform your life. It will
      transport you from weakness to tremendous strength, from failure to
      flaming success, from sorrow to blessedness and joy. Hearken, therefore,
      with utmost attention to this message of Ramanavami." This message is
      at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/religions/ramamessage.htm

      A recent discourse by revered Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj has been
      uploaded to Sri Swamiji's site. The title of the discourse is "Sage
      Yajnavalkya in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad". In this discourse Sri
      Swamiji expounds on the meaning of the Self based on the teachings of
      Sage Yajnavalkya in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad. This discourse can be
      accessed from:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/

      We would like to inform devotees that a devotee of Sri Gurudev, Sri
      Swami NadaBrahmanandaji of Cananda, is on a pilgrimage on foot around
      USA and Cananda for world peace and love. You may read Swamiji's online
      travel journal at:
      http://www.vcn.bc.ca/ims-hq/
      Please feel free to contact Swamiji if you would like him to visit you
      or if you have suggestions on spiritual ashrams or sites that he could
      visit. His e-mail address is: imsmail@...

      LONG FOR A GURU: "A Guru is necessary, but you must first prepare the
      ground for the reception of the seed of knowledge from him. The Guru
      cannot do this for you. Simple living, simple food, simple clothing,
      aversion to sensual pleasures, speaking the truth, developing a heart of
      love, continence, endurance, self-control-all these you will have to
      develop."

      Mon. Bogroff listened spell-bound as the Master continued, "You should
      have a keen longing to meet a Guru and to be initiated by him. Then God
      Himself will provide a Guru for you. Good books written by realised
      Yogis who have trodden the path, will help you greatly. Mere talk will
      not do. You must practise!"

      Mon. Bogroff, a Russian businessman living in France, was on a flying
      visit to Ananda Kutir, being prompted to see the Master by Sri B.L.
      Nehru, one of the Master’s admirers in Delhi.

      "Honesty of conscience has a very important significance which we have
      to make note of. Many times we may look honest, but we are not really
      honest in the deepest core of our feelings. Then it upsets the whole
      structure of our endeavour in the life spiritual. Because, spiritual
      life is nothing but the life that we lead in the bottom of our being,
      and not the life that we live in our rooms or in our offices or colleges
      or factories. What our conscience speaks is our spiritual voice. And if
      our conscience is not honest and pure, well, you will see the sure
      outcome of it, an utter failure in the spiritual path." - Swami
      Krishnananda