155Sivananda Day-to-day (157)

    Mar 12, 2000
      Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:56:58 -0600
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      Newsgroups: alt.meditation, alt.religion.hindu, alt.yoga
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (157)

      In Memoriam of H.H. Sri Swami Devanandaji Maharaj has been posted to our
      website at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/announce/memoriamdeva.htm

      We have posted some of the bookmarks which were released during the
      Millennium Conference at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/multimedia/bookmarks.htm

      The DLS branch directory at our website has been updated. All the
      address of branches outside of India has been obtained from the branch
      directory released at the Millennium Conference and posted at:
      http://www.SivanandaDlshq.org/branches/branches.htm

      The addresses of branches within India will be posted at a later date.
      For now devotees can e-mail to me for specific locations of branches
      within India.

      THE MASTER'S WIT: Professor Sahanani of Delhi came to have the Master's
      Darshan in the office. He took his seat after prostrating to the Master.

      "Sri Sahanani Maharaj, this is Pushpa Anand, vice-principal of a college
      at Dehra Dun; this is Savitri, M.A.; this is Principal Killo of Delhi;
      that is Kusum, another professor from Delhi."

      The Master introduced them all to Sri Sahanani.

      "Full of educationists but ignorance only everywhere!" the Master
      remarked significantly.

      "Whereas everything else seems to proclaim the differences in God's
      creation, religion is the one phenomenon which is supposed to proclaim
      the truth of our oneness. We are non-different. We are children of the
      One Being. Essentially, we are all one. But it is a matter of great
      regret that up till now religion has failed in its global mission of
      unifying man. It has emphasized the wrong factors, the changing factors.
      It has emphasized the non-essentials of religious forms. It is the
      Spirit that has to be emphasized, not the form. Form cannot affect the
      essential unity of the Spirit within." - Swami Chidananda